GTX 560 ti (stock or factory OCed)

shashanknayak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hi,

I am building my first rig. I am not able to decide on buying stock 560 ti card or one factory OCed one. There are many driver, crash, artefacting, freeze issues with the OCed cards and this is what got me thinking about it.

I was considering MSI 560 ti hawk.

I will be building my rig this week and want your advice on this.

Thank you.

scuba356

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
make sure to do some research into how easy that particular brand of card is to OC. A good example is EVGA. They have decent price, lifetime warranty, but you can't OC them at all pretty much due to the way they're built.

shashanknayak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
The issues posted in different forums worried me. Will the nvidia drivers issued for the card work with MSI560 Ti Hawk or are there some other drivers issued for these (kind of noob in this matter)?

I am from india and here price for ATI 6950 1 GB(stock) and Hawk are same. I am looking to sli/crossfire it in one year in a different rig. Keeping this in mind what will be a better option.?

just get the stock one if its cheaper .just do it yourself its hard to screw up. if you want to overclock safely dont play with the voltage .

I wanted to go with hawk because its protected by warranty and there is not much difference in price compared to stock.

Thank you.