Why are my Temps So High?

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I have a cooler master hyper 212 evo in my cooler master storm enforcer case

m3xwhQ.png

I read about people getting around 20 degrees Celsius idle with this.

My temps are sort of high, note the computer has been on for a bit more than an hour and I was gaming around an hour ago.

My case has one 200mm fan at the front taking air in. Then there is the CPU Cooler fan sending air to the back of the case, then there is a 200mm fan at the back of the case taking the air out.

Perfect air flow.

My core 2 usually has a fire icon with 50C beside it.

Solution
A sort of warm grease smell? Thats normal with new fans/Psu's and usually goes after a few days,
Keep a nose on it though, if it stays and is a burning, there maybe a problem,
Glad to see you figured out a way to up the rpm's man,
Temps are still the same though? Maybe reseating the Hs with better paste is going to help as well though
Moto

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Could be a few things. What is your room temperature where your computer is at? Have you dusted everything recently? How is your Cable management? Maybe you Applied thermal paste incorrectly.

Could you take a pic of your computers insides? I know my computer decreased in temp after I put it on a Hard surface, instead of carpet

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
This is a totally new Computer I built last weekend. It sits on the cold floor.

As for the thermal paste, I used the one that comes with the cooler master hyper 212 evo. I put a blob of it in the middle of the cpu and screwed the heat sink on.

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Then It could be how you applied the Thermal Paste or your cable Management. Also when you installed the Case fans did you have the air flow going the right way?

You man need to install more fans. I know my case has 2 fans on the base pushing cool air in, one on the back and two on the top pushing air out with a 180 fan on the front pushing air in.

What is ambient room temperature. It could be causing over all high temperatures.

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I'm suspecting it is the thermal paste. The Cable management is perfect, besides the bundle of cables sitting at the bottom of the case, really far away from the bottom of the motherboard.

kcsmacker

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
what was your method? Usually the pea drop method works best. Again it could be where you live if you are in a warm climate. I just cant understand how at 33% usage you are running up to 50c with that chip. I am not familiar with it but I do not think it should run that hot at 2.3. But it can not hurt to try replacing the Thermal Paste. Did you use your own brand? when you get new paste check out when you lift the cooler off to see if when you applied it if it covered the chip well enough. If it looks ok and you did not use a high quality paste, it would be a good time to maybe put something nice on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007

is a well used paste

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
My room temperature is really low, I live in toronto and it is winter atm. My windows in my room are usually open so sometimes it's ice cold.

I took my computer apart to remove the hard drive cage since it is empty to allow more air flow.

Here are some pictures while I disassembled my pc.

Most of my cables ( I have a non modular PSU) that are not needed are at the bottom of my case. Sorta squished to the bottom to allow maximum air flow

pQVAUR.png

And another pic, again, I took apart my pc to remove the HDD cage, when I run my computer I usually have everything closed tight.

R6Vpnq.png

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
bz3J8x.png

I just tried that and this was my only option. I tried changing around the performance mode and stuff, tried disabling that, but it wont let me set my own CPU FAN Speed. It's either 6XX or Ignored.

Sorta wierd. What is CPU Q-Fan Control? If i disable that I still can't set my own RPM

Unplug/remove that fan
Grab a big Cfm 120 from the fan roundup sticky and mod that onto your Hs, and run the fan straight off the Psu
Sorted hehe
*edit, although not the source of your temp issue, those cables are not perfect :p
Had to see the picture to get the definition though
Moto

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Even if I set speed to 0 it does not make a difference. The RPM is still 639 (As it is in the bios )
O5BV8N.png

at ^ Well I don't think there is much better cable management that can be done with a NON MODULAR psu. I have the cables that I actually use routed through the back.

I use NON MODULAR Psu's, I'll link you some pics when I get to my pc, on phone atm, you can do a lot better but as I said, its not the main issue here,
A fan controller would allow you to set the fan speed yes, but are you ready to monitor it all the time, turn it up/down as required?
If not then the direct plug to Psu I suggested is a viable plan, plug and forget,
Moto

imtiax

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Sorta sad that this motherboard does not give access to set CPU fan RPM.

I am going to buy a fan controller anyways for the front intake fan of my case, right now its directly connected to the CPU and is so loud since its at 100%.

I'll leave the CPU plugged into the motherboard as it is...

I guess the temp's are fine and will cool down more after I get a video card so it does not have to use "Virtual memory"

Thanks!