Will 6950 fit in my case?

MaxSteel01

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Hey

My last card, 4870x2, recently proved to be beyond simple repair, with the chips malfunctioning in a way the cards temperature is 97~117 C (depending on the load), which naturally causes an array of problems with the potential to damage the rest of the system. This isn't the cooling (which I've even replaced), nor it is the PSU's fault, all tested, it's with the card itself.

Anyhow, I've decided to get a new card, and my choice fell on 6950 2GB, especially considering it's a potentially cheaper version of 6970.
Thing is, I've come to learn its length is a but more then 10.7", whereas 4870x2 is 10.5". My current card hardly fits, it's difficult to even put it inside the case, and it has around 0.7 cm (0.28") left.
My case is Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS.

I'm not asking anybody to check this theoretically, since the accuracy required here is too high, but rather, does anybody have the above case and a 6950 in it, or knows anybody who has it?

Would really appreciate if somebody does and tells me it fits. Thanks!

smeelo

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I am in the same situation. I currently have an XFX Radeon HD 4890 1gb card that is 9.5 inches and barely fits in my Rosewill Challenger case with about 1 inch to spare(not counting the 2 6-pin PCI-E power connectors). I'd like to upgrade to a Gigabyte 6950 1gb card that is 11.4 inches long but I'm having issues finding a case for it. If you find a case that will fit this car please let me know!

TRENDING THREADS