Test installation of Windows 7

Ryguy64

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I can't get CS4 web premium to install on my desktop. I've contacted adobe, and they have "helped" me several times, each trying the same thing and then moving me up to the next level. Not so helpful.

So, I want to try it on a freshly formatted hard drive, and a brand new installation of Windows 7, but I don't want to lose the one I currently have. Especially if I still can't install CS4. I have an extra hard drive that I could use. If I install windows 7 on this extra hard drive, can I do so without validating it? I just don't want to validate it and find out that my current installation won't work any more. Thanks for your help.

BTW, what error are u getting when it fails to install?

System Specifications needed
Platform: PC
System Requirements: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and Windows Vista)
Ram: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 9.1 GB
Processor: 2 GHz or faster processor

Ryguy64

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

My computer is fast enough. I had it installed on this computer before I upgraded to Windows 7. My wife is the main user of CS4, and her laptop is on it's last leg.

The error message is a weird one. As soon as I click on the setup, it gives me the error, saying that I should contact adobe support. That's all it says too. It doesn't give me an error number or anything specific. It crashes before I get to the point where I can enter in the product key. I just want to try a clean install and see if it still happens. Thanks for the info about validating. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Are u installing from the DVD or the file that u downloaded?

Ryguy64

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

From the DVD. I've also tried copying it to the hard drive and doing it from there. I've tested the disc in other computers, and it gets farther than on my desktop. I'm in the process of a clean install right now, so if it works I'll know it is something on my current installation.