Finally got new build running some bios questions and windows 7 issues

iamloco724

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
im running a p8z68-v pro motherboard with hd 3000 graphics intel 510 ssd is my windows 7 drive

so heres my questions/issues right now

my main issue right now is i tried to install a wd black 1tb drive in in bios and on post i see the drive listed but in windows 7 i do not see it with my c drive but i see it in disk management in windows it says disk 1 931.51 gb online then says the size again and unallocated...how can i get this drive accessible in windows??

2nd annoying issue is on boot the usb keyboard im using right now isnt always recognized most of the time it isnt which prevents me from getting into the bios

for igpu settings under initiate graphic adapter do i set it for igpu?

what do i do with igpu memory settings?

is there any other settings with that i have to set?

i have my ssd connected to my first sata 6 port and i my activity led doesnt flicker at all

likewise for the new hard drive i installed which i cant see in windows 7 yet

and one last questions hd audio controller is set to enable...under front panel type it says hd or ac97 what would i choose and whats the difference?

g-unit1111

Titan
2nd annoying issue is on boot the usb keyboard im using right now isnt always recognized most of the time it isnt which prevents me from getting into the bios

That could be a number of things - bad adapter, battery on your keyboard is out, dead USB port... need a bit more to go on there.

for igpu settings under initiate graphic adapter do i set it for igpu?

what do i do with igpu memory settings?

I'm not sure what that is - are you using Award BIOS? Phoenix BIOS? UEFI?

and one last questions hd audio controller is set to enable...under front panel type it says hd or ac97 what would i choose and whats the difference?

I don't really think it makes much of a difference either way what your audio is set to as long as it produces sound.