Sign in with
Your question

Looking to make a good gaming desktop from scratch

Last response: in Systems
November 28, 2011 10:42:52 PM

hello people. I have been considering all of these custom made WE WILL BUILD IT type of companies 'websites such as: CyberpowerPC and IBUYPOWER. They have nice specs but the price just shoots up to 1,100 bucks and it is getting too high. What I really want to do is get a complete gaming desktop system; only for gaming, for the best price and quality only. I would like to attempt to put together a really good gaming desktop that can run Skyrim, Crysis, Crysis 2, WoW, Everquest Et Cetra. in at least 1050"p" and at HIGH settings, all high setting with at least 40+ FPS. This would be my first ever homemade gaming desktop and I have a little hard ware tech level knowledge but not enough for troubleshooting and setting up and wiring in the case Et Cetra.

My Budget is: 700.00$ for a monitor and the actual gaming desktop and keyboard and mouse Etc.
However I could bend it to about $830.00 with the possibility of actually adding a few more dollars.

If anybody could help me with Newegg components and software; post the rig configuration here.

Ex- CPU: ....
GPU: ....
RAM: ....

I will be using 64 Bit Windows 7 home premium ( I do not have any computer parts or software on hand, buying and building )and have nothing but games on the single Hard Drive. Would like to have a headset and/or a set of speakers. : D
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
a c 271 4 Gaming
November 28, 2011 10:55:49 PM

You might want to fill this out and then we can assist you better:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

But I'd definitely not recommend going with Cyberpower or IBUYPOWER - everything I've read on this site about them tends to put them in the negative territory.

What I'd recommend in the meantime (don't have time to post links, can later) :

- Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 or Antec 300
- PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600
- Motherboard: Asrock Extreme Gen 3
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
- RAM: G Skill Ripjaw 8GB 1600MHz
- Cooler Master Hyper 212
- Crucial M4 64GB
- Lite On Optical Drive
- Radeon 67xx or 68xx

Wait to get the speakers after you get the build purchased and completed. I try to advise people not to include these things in your budget as it can really throw off what hardware you're able to get initially, especially with such a tight budget.
m
l
November 28, 2011 11:15:20 PM

Alright, i will fill that form out. I am wanting an AMD and ATI Gaming desktop, with as much "Future proofing" in the important parts; especially the MOBO as possible.

I also posted a clearer budget build using your link. Thanks for that man.
m
l
Related resources
!