Small annoyance with new case..

fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Today I got my new CM HAF X 932 Advanced. As of now i have everything in and running and fine (obviously.)

Except one part......The panel that goes on the back of the mobo to show all the inputs, on the back wouldnt fit! This really is no big deal but it would appease my sense of accomplishment if it did. Also, the aesthetic value would be raised haha.

My mobo is an ASRock x58 Extreme. Its and ATX so i know that it should fit. When I put it on the mobo wouldnt align with the screw holes properly.

Any advice? pretty small "problem" to have considering I transferred my entire rig today with no other hassles! Thanks!

I think you're referring to the I/o shield?
The hole for keyboard, mouse etc?
They do take a fair bit of force to get to click in, line one edge up and persevere,
The other thing that occurs to me is your standoffs may not be fitted but given your explanation, I am assuming its the I/o
Moto

fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Yeah. I tired for a good 15 min and all i did was end up almost bending it. I heard it click in, but it was like the Mobo couldnt get far enough towards the back of the case to sit flush.

I will try again tomorrow and if it doesnt work just glue that little panel on and call it quits.

Thanks for the advice.