Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

GeForce GTX 570 my best bet?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
October 2, 2011 10:21:56 PM

I'm looking for a higher end video card mainly to play BF3. I've been looking around reading reviews etc and I've decided I want to get this card:

EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130622

Here's my current specs:

AMD Athlon II 640 X4 3.0Ghz CPU OC'd to 3.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W PSU

I play in 1920x1080 resolution. Would this card be my best choice for now for a single card setup?

appreciate any input

More about : geforce gtx 570 bet

a c 1649 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 10:26:15 PM

It is a good choice!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 10:28:16 PM

I'd recommend getting a GTX 560 Ti and using the rest of that money to upgrade to a new CPU, as BF3 is mainly a CPU based game, from what I can tell.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 2, 2011 10:30:23 PM

For a single setup i would go with to save money GTX 560 ti Superclocked. Thats only if you want to save 75 bucks and still play BF3 on high settings. If your motherboard and PSU can handle it put two in there under SLI and you should be good for ultra settings(Make sure your PSU can handle it i think 650w is pushing it but it should be fine). For a single card setup 570 is great. I think the 570 is a perfect upgrade judging by the specs in your system. Here is a link to the comparison of the two graphics cards i mentioned above.
http://www.hwcompare.com/8999/geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-gef...
If you are still gonna go all out on the GPU upgrade to the classified edition it is slightly faster than the superclocked and its still made by EVGA. Plus it looks cooler here is the link on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Also keep in mind the next gen graphics cards are coming out in Q1 or Q2 of this year. So dont go all out now when you can get something that performs just as good as a 570 for probably 100 bucks less im assuming. Plus they will have new PhysX technology which will be perfect for BF3 :sol: 
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 10:39:44 PM

The Halo Don said:
I'd recommend getting a GTX 560 Ti and using the rest of that money to upgrade to a new CPU, as BF3 is mainly a CPU based game, from what I can tell.


What would be a good CPU? My mobo supports Phenom II/Athlon II CPUs

I found this one:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727
m
0
l
a c 1649 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 10:43:03 PM

No point in upgrading from a AMD quad @3.4GHz to another one at 3.4GHz! It would be disappointing performance wise.
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 10:45:18 PM

betito477 said:
What would be a good CPU? My mobo supports Phenom II/Athlon II CPUs

I found this one:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

You can get the new Hexa core proccesor but not sure if it will fit in your mobo's slot. I personally think your CPU will be fine its a Quad core which is reccomended requirments for BF3. GPU is probably gonna be the most stressed item when playing an extremely graphic intesive game like battlefield 3
Here is the 6 core beast by amd. A little better than the i5 2500 because of the addition cores but not quite i7 2600.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a c 116 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 11:00:58 PM

I would't bother with a new CPU stick with what you have and try to overclock it.
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 11:02:28 PM

theitaliansico said:
You can get the new Hexa core proccesor but not sure if it will fit in your mobo's slot. I personally think your CPU will be fine its a Quad core which is reccomended requirments for BF3. GPU is probably gonna be the most stressed item when playing an extremely graphic intesive game like battlefield 3
Here is the 6 core beast by amd. A little better than the i5 2500 because of the addition cores but not quite i7 2600.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


thanks for suggestion
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 11:03:15 PM

yeah definitely get the 570 and not much point in upgrading cpu unless its a new system. anyway at 1080p the cpu won't be much of a factor on fps
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 11:57:23 PM

you can get a 570 from Galaxy pretty now , with MIR , people dont like the brand for some reason ..but they have been getting decent reviews and with the MIR ..best price I have seen on a 570 , dont know how well they OC , but just throwing it out there as another option to look at ..at that price ..its pretty close to the price of the 560ti

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
October 2, 2011 11:59:10 PM

edit *pretty close now* ..like like $260 +8 SH ..soo $268 for a 570 , thats not too bad of deal imho
m
0
l
a c 116 U Graphics card
October 3, 2011 12:13:22 AM

Yes zotac over galaxy unless there is a good deal on the galaxy
The 460's from galaxy were actualy really great but they seem to have some fan issues in the bios at min 40 % is a bit much on the 580/570 as they are not quite as hot as the 480/470. Cool but kinda loud and the galaxy does seem to be an inch shorter (all the cards seem to be on a shorter PCB) which could be good if you have a tight case.

Support from Galaxy is laughable but I havent heard much about Zotac customer service, but that could be a good thing.
m
0
l