Looking for a video card

roym6

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within the month
BUDGET RANGE: <50 or around that price range

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: playing video games. right now mostly bf3 and minecraft

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: i have stock emachines ET1831-07(i know its a noob computer but i just recently got into computer gaming, used to be xbox player and computer gaming is so expensive)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: emachines ET1831-07

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: none
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: ? i live in CA, US

PARTS PREFERENCES: no preference

OVERCLOCKING: depends on difficulty, i've overclocked my android but it was simple
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: i don't think my mobo supports it

MONITOR RESOLUTION: well i have an hdtv so if the video card has an hdmi output id use it

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: for now i want to keep it as cheap as possible because im saving to buy a customized hp pavilion dv7.

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
It is hard to find any info on that emachines desktop.

How many watts is the power supply (If you take take the side panel off, there should be a sticker on the power supply).

I don't think you could buy a GPU that can play BF3 on low unless you want to risk buying second-hand. Also most of the graphics cards that can handle bf3 will require a good power supply which will probably cost $50 or more.

I hope you didn't pay too much for that computer, you could save up and build your own which will be better than getting a customized hp.

roym6

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I bought that computer one year ago for 399. and also the HP I'm going to get is a laptop so I can't really build it. I'm willing to up to one hundred dollars for both a video card and a new power supply if I have to.

TRENDING THREADS