Sign in with
Your question

Basic troubleshooting on an ASRock z77e-ITX motherboard - Please help!

January 7, 2013 1:46:19 AM

I've just finished a build using the ASRock z77e-ITX motherboard.....and nothing appears when I turn it on. My config is below-

Case- Fractal Design Node 304
Mobo- ASRock z77e-ITX
RAM- Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600 (BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0)
CPU- Intel i5-3570k
Graphics- Zotac GTX 660
SSD- Intel 330 180GB

I connected all the above components, and when I press the power button, I get the blue light on the front of the case and the red light on the 'reset cmos' button on the back of motherboard lighting up, but no activity from any of the motherboard or GPU DVI/HDMI outputs. I can't figure out why it won't even show the BIOS out of any outputs. Any suggestions for first things to troubleshoot?

I currently just have the 24x2-pin power connector and 1 4x2-pin ATX12V power connector plugged into the motherboard. I also have the power button and status LED power connectors plugged into the motherboard from the case, along with the USB 3.0 header. I left the H60 cooler power connectors off to just test it out with as few components as possible, and also attached my SSD with both a SATA data cable to the motherboard and a SATA power connector to the power supply. That should be all I need to connect to get a basic setup running, right?

Any tips for basic troubleshooting? It's my first build so I don't have much experience narrowing down issues. I would think it's some kind of motherboard problem but I don't know what to test for.

Thanks for the help
!