Final check on my SLI gaming rig (under budget!)

So after a bunch of research this is what I am thinking of getting. Although it is totally open to suggestions. I am actually under budget so I would not mind adding on stuff if it makes a difference. I am on the fence about SSD though and leaning towards waiting on the price drop before picking one up.

Mobo:
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3

CPU:
Intel Core i5-2500K

Ram:
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (Low Profile)

2 x GPU SLI:
EVGA SuperClocked GTX 560 Ti
EVGA SuperClocked GTX 560 Ti

PSU: (pulling it from my old system, so it would me nice to keep it)
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W

Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache

CPU Cooling:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212

Case:
Corsair Graphite Series 600T

Any thoughts are welcome!
8 answers Last reply
More about final check gaming under budget
  1. Get this Samsung Spinpoint 1tb from ChiefValue for only $80. The best drive ever made.
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product-_-productdetails.cv_-_item--CE00158011010060

That's all. Everything is pretty good. I would order the Spinpoint right now though. It's sold out in newegg.
  2. Ah that is a nice price for the drive. I have never used samsung drives before though.
    But that gives me 80 bucks more to spend now haha.

If I had to upgrade something on the rig (even more than 80) what would give me a noticeable difference?
  3. RedTalonTPF said:
    Ah that is a nice price for the drive. I have never used samsung drives before though.
    But that gives me 80 bucks more to spend now haha.

If I had to upgrade something on the rig (even more than 80) what would give me a noticeable difference?

I cant think of anything except a ssd to add but you said your waiting for pricedrop.......you could add another 8gs of ram i suppose......you really cant change allot with the money you have left so i would just keep it the way it is.
  4. isnt the psu less ? i was wondering
  5. and if i were to get a 560 ti sli , i would get evga 560 ti 2win
    it is 2 in one 560 ti , so less problems of sli.
    i know its pricier , but better
    also 560 ti 448 cores are out today , which are very close to 570 and seriously beats reference 570 when oced
  6. Anonymous said:
    and if i were to get a 560 ti sli , i would get evga 560 ti 2win
    it is 2 in one 560 ti , so less problems of sli.
    i know its pricier , but better
    also 560 ti 448 cores are out today , which are very close to 570 and seriously beats reference 570 when oced

Hmm I thought the 560 ti 2win was basically SLI just in the form factor of 1 card. The only added benefit is not needing an SLI mobo. But as far as performance it is the same, and all the problems of SLI are also present.
  7. The USB 3.0 header interferes with my 2nd graphics card when I SLI on the same motherboard. However, I have 10.5 inch GTX580's, the 560ti's probably won't reach it.
  8. no i am talking about microstuttering , i heard it is far too less than in normal sli
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product