PC wont POST, wont do anything. :)

plasmachris

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Recently upgraded my mobo, gpu, cpu and ram. New mobo is GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3, gpu is nividia 560 ti 1gb, cpu is amd.

Starting off installation wise I had no problems with the computer. Everything installed correctly, booted up fine, i installed all the drivers and went on my merry way. Enjoyed the nice boost of performance upgrading from a 2 core to a 6 core processor, and was pleasantly surprised to see that everything went smoothly. The next day, unfortunately, my computer started freezing at random intervals. Eventually it wouldnt get past loading windows, somtimes the bios, just freezing and requiring me to hard boot the computer many times. After that ordeal, my computer has decided that it wont even post, the mobo runs, all the fans lights and the whole shebang, just no display signal. Ive tried the gpu in another mobo and it works fine, and tried another gpu in this mobo and still didnt work. If its the gpu, that is. Im really not sure, ive got it to come on once or twice, but it either displays a post error message "cmos checksum error", or freezes. I have cleared the cmos using the jumper a couple of times, and it worked the first time, but not the others.

Any help, thanks.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

A lot of the time, people have this problem do to a bad CMOS battery, sometimes just removing the battery waiting a couple minutes then putting it back in resets the BIOS and most of the time clears the problem.