3 Fans only one 3 pin

Blorp Kola

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I just bought a bitfenix Shinobi and have realised than the 2 fans it comes with are 3 pin fans and my motherboard only has one 3 pin fan socket. I need to connect 4 fans which don't have any molex connectors on them, just 3 pin connectors, but as I said earlier my motherboard only has one 3 pin fan connector. Do I need to buy a fan controller and if so what is the cheapest one I could get in the UK.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 217926

A bad attempt at spam. I just alerted the mods and he will be deleted and banned soon.

Blorp Kola

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Thanks, nice to get rid of the spammers xD

skaz

Distinguished
Depending on the size and RPM of the fans being used you may not mind running them at full speed. For example I run my 200mm cm megaflow fans at full speed because they're low noise at 700rpm. But on the other hand I run my 120mm enermax fan with PWM control because it would be screaming at 1500 RPM.

So in your situation you can do a couple different things. First find out if you want to run the fans at full speed. Then you can decide between 3 pin to molex adapters for the fans, fan power port (like the one you linked), or an actual fan controller like this - http://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Mesh-Controller-Watts-Channels/dp/B005C31G30/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330714642&sr=8-2

skaz

Distinguished

Yeah except the dudes got 4 fans. And depending on the amps even if he daisy chains them he may not want to connect all 4 to one fan header.

skaz

Distinguished
I just quick googled your case and read this under the features,

"up to seven 120mm or two140mm fans can be installed to ensure that all hardware stays as cool as the blood running through an assassin's veins."

Made me laugh =)

skaz

Distinguished

Did you read the OP? =)