Bluetooth Headset Indecision...

Last response: in Technologies
May 25, 2005 1:30:08 PM

There was a time not too long ago that I had and was very much enjoying
the wonder that is the Jabra BT-200 bluetooth headset--that is until my
wife laundered my beloved BT-200 (I think it might have been out of
jealousy...) for me. For months now I've been without a headset, but my
recent conversion from ATT Wireless and my trusty T616 to Cingular and
the RAZR V3 has made me start coveting bluetooth once more. I purchased
a Jabra BT-800 from Best Buy and had no difficulties getting it setup.
I found it useable and the little LCD interface was actually way cooler
than I had originally supposed. Also, the mute button is something I
had always wished I'd had with the BT-200, but, unfortunately, the
button was non-functional (even as "Menu" outside of calls) so I was
forced to return the device. Best Buy was out of stock on BT-800's so I
ended up just getting a refund, intent on just ordering one online. Two
nagging issues with the BT-800 have kept me from pulling the trigger on
a new headset: it's comfort and stay-in-place-ness.

I could wear my BT-200 for hours on end with no issues whatsoever, but
I never could quite seem to get the BT-800 positioned in a way that
kept it from pinching my ear extraordinarily uncomfortably. This made
wearing the headset for more than 20-30 minutes at a stretch pretty
tough. Additionally, the lack of a rubberized in-the-ear speaker makes
the BT-800 feel like it's moving around too much preventing me from
getting the best audio clarity/volume and sealing out external noise.

As I dilly-dallied around trying to decide, I saw another headset or
two that really caught my eye but found little information in the form
of consistent reviews that guided me to a final decision. The HBH-300
looked to be one of the more outstanding offerings having everything I
think I want with the exception of a caller ID display. It looks to be
more comfortable, but that's just a guess--and a subjective one at
that. A couple of the Platronics (M2500/M3000) sets looked pretty
promising as well, but generally I didn't see enough information there
to lead me to a decision. I also found a few outliers that caught my
attention like the Epox BT-HS01, Nextlink Bluespoon AX, Tekkeon
EzTalker Mini, and the IOGEAR Bluetooth Wireless Headset. I'd be
interested to see input from users of any of these products.

If it's any help at all, here's my list of selection criteria, sorted
by importance:

MUST HAVES
==========
- Comfortable to wear for hours
- Voice dialing
- Volume control
- Mute
- Adaptive noise cancelling/wind sound removal
- 5+ hours talk time/2-3 days standby
- Call waiting support

NICE TO HAVES
=============
- Adaptive volume control
- Pairing for 3-4 devices (non-concurrently)
- Caller ID display
- 7+ hours talk time/3-4 days standby
- 3-way calling support
- Bluetooth 2.0

Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of the message... :o )
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:18:08 PM

"artemidorus" <jason@eramsey.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> If it's any help at all, here's my list of selection criteria, sorted
> by importance:
>

> MUST HAVES
> ==========
> - Comfortable to wear for hours
> - Voice dialing
> - Volume control
> - Mute
> - Adaptive noise cancelling/wind sound removal
> - 5+ hours talk time/2-3 days standby
> - Call waiting support
>

> NICE TO HAVES
> =============
> - Adaptive volume control
> - Pairing for 3-4 devices (non-concurrently)
> - Caller ID display
> - 7+ hours talk time/3-4 days standby
> - 3-way calling support
> - Bluetooth 2.0
>

> Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of the message... :o )

If you liked the BT200, get the BT250V. Same fit, cool looking black, great
battery life and vibrating too

Clive
Clive
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:18:09 PM

On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:18:08 GMT, "Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> by importance:
>>

>> MUST HAVES
>> ==========
>> - Comfortable to wear for hours
>> - Voice dialing
>> - Volume control
>> - Mute
>> - Adaptive noise cancelling/wind sound removal
>> - 5+ hours talk time/2-3 days standby
>> - Call waiting support
>>

>> NICE TO HAVES
>> =============
>> - Adaptive volume control
>> - Pairing for 3-4 devices (non-concurrently)
>> - Caller ID display
>> - 7+ hours talk time/3-4 days standby
>> - 3-way calling support
>> - Bluetooth 2.0
>>

>> Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of the message... :o )
>>

>If you liked the BT200, get the BT250V. Same fit, cool looking black, great

The BT250v, is that a vibrate only piece with no ring tone in the ear
pierce?
Related resources
August 22, 2005 11:20:08 PM

"rring" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> - Volume control
>>> - Mute
>>> - Adaptive noise cancelling/wind sound removal
>>> - 5+ hours talk time/2-3 days standby
>>> - Call waiting support
>>>

>>> NICE TO HAVES
>>> =============
>>> - Adaptive volume control
>>> - Pairing for 3-4 devices (non-concurrently)
>>> - Caller ID display
>>> - 7+ hours talk time/3-4 days standby
>>> - 3-way calling support
>>> - Bluetooth 2.0
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance and apologies for the length of the message... :o )
>>>

>>If you liked the BT200, get the BT250V. Same fit, cool looking black,
>>great
>>battery life and vibrating too
>>
>>Clive
>>Clive
>>

> The BT250v, is that a vibrate only piece with no ring tone in the ear

Anyone used the flamingo headset? I hope that's the right brand name.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:39:53 PM

"John" <jwh_fla(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in

> [...]

I have both the Jabra 250 and the HBH-300 and they are both very
good. I got the 300 cause the Jabra was starting to come apart
but I use it probly 8 or more hours a day. So I also needed to
switch off when the Jabra was going dead. The Jabra is a bit
more comfortable and fits my ear better but the 300 is also
comfortable. On my end, I can't tell any difference in sound
quality and no one on the other end has complained with either.
I get at least 6 hours out of the Jabra and 8 or more out of the
300. Both have voice dial (if you're phone does), vol control,
and mute. I never got the caller ID thing, you have to take it
off to see who's calling. Vibrate would be nice so next one will
be 250v. Ebay has good prices.
--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer