New RAM doesn't work

Hello,

I've purchased 8 Gb DDR3 1600MHZ Corsair Vengeance LP but the Mobo doesn't seem to accept it? I can change the values in BIOS but system crashes when the WIN7 64Bit starts up.

When using my old Geil Dragon 4 Gb DDR3 1333MHZ, all works fine.

Apparentely, my CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T does not support 1600MHZ, but I should be able to set it on a lower frequency, no?
9 answers Last reply
More about doesn work
  1. Reset the bios settings and the default ran frequency should be 1333MHz. Ram compatibility generally depends upon the motherboard specs. Put the rams in 2nd and 4th slot or if one card in 2nd slot.
    Check that the ram voltage settings are set to the specified voltage of the new corsair ram.
  2. Did that alreadu, resetted CMOS etc and manually adapted the latency and so on.

    Didn't try the 2nd and 4 slot as if I do that, it wouldn't be dual channel any more? Or is that irrelevant?

    Voltage was ok.
  3. 2nd and 4th slot will be dual channel.
    What is your motherboard models?
  4. Xttony said:
    2nd and 4th slot will be dual channel.
    What is your motherboard models?


    Sorry, forgot tho mention, AsRock 870Extreme 3

    Supports up to 1800 (if cpu supports it)

    I only tried the blue slots and the white slots, and the first en third but not the second and fourth?

    Is there a known difference between the slots?
  5. Quote:
    Thomcat78 said:
    Hello,

    I've purchased 8 Gb DDR3 1600MHZ Corsair Vengeance LP but the Mobo doesn't seem to accept it? I can change the values in BIOS but system crashes when the WIN7 64Bit starts up.

    When using my old Geil Dragon 4 Gb DDR3 1333MHZ, all works fine.

    Apparentely, my CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T does not support 1600MHZ, but I should be able to set it on a lower frequency, no?


    try setting the voltage to 1.65 i have the same ram and it did the same thing then it started working when i upped the voltage
  6. jdove069 said:
    Quote:


    try setting the voltage to 1.65 i have the same ram and it did the same thing then it started working when i upped the voltage


    But I guess that you didn't make the "ùµ$:" mistake to buy Ram that isn't supported by the CPU ? :)

    Thanks for the tips, I'll try them tonight!
  7. Thomcat78 said:
    But I guess that you didn't make the "ùµ$:" mistake to buy Ram that isn't supported by the CPU ? :)

    Thanks for the tips, I'll try them tonight!

    I don't think that will help but if you de make sure you monitor the ram temperatures. If the ram overheats it will crash the system
  8. Xttony said:
    I don't think that will help but if you de make sure you monitor the ram temperatures. If the ram overheats it will crash the system


    I have a G.Skill Cyclone-cooler that I can use for cooling the RAM, so it could be that I use it :-)

    never used it before as the system temperature now never exeeded 40°Celcius when stressed (25°Idle)

    Maybe I can up the voltage step by step

    Or I just sell the ram second-hand and buy 1333 MHZ :sol:
  9. The cards may be faulty. As you have said earlier it is possible to run a card at low frequency.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock DDR3 Motherboards