How to solve RAID Issue (Problem is detected with Array / Critical Status)?

tosaha

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Hi,

My new computer is all of a sudden displaying this message on startup:

ID/01
Mode/Raid 1
LD Name/Raid1
LD Size/999.99G
Status/Critical

Problem is detected with Array: 01
Critical Status:
A disk member of an array has failed or is not responding.
Please refer to your AMD User Manual for further details.

There doesn't seem to be any observable damage to my computer files and my system is working the way I expect it to. However I'm no technician.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? The company who custom built it is insisting that I bring it in for them to check, but I need my computer for work and there's no way I can leave it with them for 3 days. Being able to solve this on my own is the option I'm looking for.

What can I do? Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
RAID 1 uses mirroring, so a failed disk would not be obvious when using the computer. All your data was stored on both disks, so a failure of one just means all your disk operations are going to the still good disk. That warning is telling you that the redundant capabilities of your array are gone, and any further damage will destroy the array entirely.

This is a very serious problem, and fixing it requires replacing the defective disk and rebuilding the array. I'm unfamiliar with the process myself, but I'm guessing you can get tons of good info by doing a google search for "rebuild RAID 1 array."

tosaha

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012

Hi Willard,

Thank you for very much for getting back to me. I'll speak with a technician about fixing it but perhaps you might answer some follow questions?

1. How might I determine if my Windows installation is uncorrupted?
2. Could this error arise because of something relatively simple (i.e. an unseated component)?
3. (Might be a silly question) Can I remove the RAID unit and forget about it?

Much obliged,

Hartman