Sign in with
Your question

Looking forward to Ivy Bridge (Leak)

Last response: in CPUs
March 2, 2012 5:33:20 PM

If like me you look forward to new hardware and upgrade even when you don't really need to then no doubt you'll be getting excited about the coming (but delayed) release of Ivy Bridge.

Who is going to be upgrading? I already have the 2600k but I can't wait to test out Intel's new 22 Nm goodness.

Anyway, saw this today and it's the full Ivy Bridge lineup apparently, just thought I would share to those that want to check it out. :) 

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/03/02/intel-website-leaks-full...
a b à CPUs
March 2, 2012 5:49:58 PM

did they leak how much they were going to cost?
March 2, 2012 6:01:48 PM

Sadly not, I think that we won't know for sure until they are released or close to being released anyway. If you already have a decent CPU then selling that will offset most of the cost. I can't wait to get testing one out! Hope I get a good chip this time instead of another average one lol. I'm sure they will overclock well.
Related resources
March 2, 2012 6:03:20 PM

I can't wait either but I'm waiting for Haswell before I make a complete change. Ivy Bridges is still an upgrade of Sandy Bridges and isn't really a HUGE change. I'm waiting for that next HUGE change, Haswell.
March 2, 2012 6:11:18 PM

Highspeed123 said:
Sadly not, I think that we won't know for sure until they are released or close to being released anyway. If you already have a decent CPU then selling that will offset most of the cost. I can't wait to get testing one out! Hope I get a good chip this time instead of another average one lol. I'm sure they will overclock well.

From what I've read it sounds like Ivy Bridges will be priced pretty similar to their Sandy Bridge cousin. So an Ivy Bridges I5 will probably come in at around $220 (+|-) and an Ivy Bridges I7 will come in at $320 (+|-).
March 2, 2012 6:12:05 PM

Slickrick214 said:
I can't wait either but I'm waiting for Haswell before I make a complete change. Ivy Bridges is still an upgrade of Sandy Bridges and isn't really a HUGE change. I'm waiting for that next HUGE change, Haswell.

That would be the wise thing to do, I will be looking forward to Haswell after having Ivy Bridge for a while. I know it's only an evolutionary step up from Sandy Bridge but it gives me something to play with and that brings me joy. :) 

Yeah I knew the pricing is likely to be similar, with Intel seemingly unstoppable at the moment they have no reason for big price drops on older products so I'll be able to sell my 2600k for a semi decent amount of cash and make my upgrade a cheaper one.
!