Aida 64 + Asus anti surge conflict ???

nasko

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Hi to everyone here at toms. I have a weird problem. Has anyone experienced conflicts with asus mother boards while using aida 64 to monitor the sensors on the mother board. I think the problem is i have the Al suite monitoring with aida 64 running and msi afterburner. I never had the problem before but i started running aida 64 in the background to work together with msi afterburner to show me cpu OSD temp. Anyway what happens is the computer reboots and says that my asus mother board has detected a surge from my psu which i dont think is true. I have stressed all pc components all at once and my system is stable. The psu doesnt even get hot. Any ideas anyone. system specs are below.

3770k @ 4.2
Asus p8z77-v (latest bios)
msi gtx 680 twin frozr sli
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
128gb Vertex 4 ssd
2tb hdd
seasonic x1050 gold psu

Solution

Nope, those voltages look perfectly fine. There's always going to be a little bit of flux in the voltages, but you're very nearly spot on, so your PSU is doing an excellent job.

cl-scott

Honorable
Yes, running multiple programs that all try and monitor the same things will often lead to problems. So I'd suggest picking one, and sticking with that. If you still have problems, then maybe there's something more to the story we could investigate.

nasko

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply. After doing some research over at other forums seems a lot of people are encountering the same resets or shut downs while using more than one third party monitoring programs like core temp, aida 64, cpu z etc. From what I understand the asus anti surge feature in the bios monitors the voltage/under voltage from the psu. I took these readings from the asus al suite to they seem normal.
I really doubt there is something wrong with my psu.
Vcore 1.004
+12v 12.192
+5v 5.04
+3.3v 3.32

cl-scott

Honorable

Nope, those voltages look perfectly fine. There's always going to be a little bit of flux in the voltages, but you're very nearly spot on, so your PSU is doing an excellent job.

Solution