Sign in with
Your question
Solved

About BIOS update

Last response: in Motherboards
January 7, 2013 2:26:56 PM

hello every one, i'm new here, i started this thread so i can know what the experts say, I'm going to buy fx 6300 and ASUS M5A78L-M LX plus and 8 GB G.Skill ram, and according to the motherboard's support list, i need to update the bios to run this new CPU, the question is how can i update the bios while the CPU needs higher bios version? plz give me good solution or i will end up buying an old sempron CPU.

More about : bios update

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 317 à CPUs
a c 245 V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 3:50:49 PM

Most likely, you will have to do nothing.
Look at the bios update downloads, and see when the update supporting your cpu was released.
Unless it was released very recently, new motherboards will already have the latest bios updates.

Some newer motherboards do have the ability to update the bios without a cpu or ram installed. I do not know if the ASUS M5A78L-M LX plus supports that.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 3:52:30 PM

well to upgrade bios you need to boot from the motehrboard so you would need an older supported processor for that. it would be much easier if you bought a newer motherboard that already supports the fx 6300
m
l
Related resources
January 9, 2013 5:05:25 AM

Best answer selected by integraruc.
m
l
January 9, 2013 5:09:06 AM

nothing about buying new cpu or pre-updated bios is useful because i bought the fx 6300 for 185$ in my country and the ASUS M5A78L-M LX plus FOR 105$. the cheapest old cpu is sempron which is in my country 87$
m
l
!