Closed Solved

SLI GTX 580 With Dual PSU

Hey guys i'm going be getting a GTX 580 and i have a Corsair TX650W in my PC with a single GTX 580 now i do have a SIlverstone 500W PSU
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_535&products_id=15319
this one

now would it reduce any power if i used

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5637/cpa-167/Lian-Li_Dual_Power_Supply_Adapter_Cable.html

Lin li Duel PSU adapter?

and is it safe to use the adapter?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dual
  1. it could work but you will need to check if your case can fit two psu's
  2. never tried it and also cant recommend it, sell your two current units and get a single quality 1000w unit... also finding a case to do so may run a higher cost then just buying a new psu altogether
  3. surely if you can afford the 1k for 580 sli then you can afford the 200 bucks for a big quality psu
  4. Also dual booting two PSU's to wake up a computer is a bitch. That is why they build one big PSU to boot it all.

If you aint got the juice, have a electrician come in and drop a new wire and outlet for 20 amps or greater.

To feed a house each month could easily be changed from Filet Steak down to Steakumms three times a week to build up the cash to get it all. Especially now that you have 1000 dollar cards to feed.

Don't forget a quality APU or UPS of sufficient capacity. That utility company does not care what you have in the house should they have a bad day.
  5. i have Antec DF 85 Case i can put it right next to the other PSU and have power cable running through the Liquid cooling Rubber Grommets
  6. bowzef said:
    i have Antec DF 85 Case i can put it right next to the other PSU and have power cable running through the Liquid cooling Rubber Grommets

that doesn't sound dangerous at all
  7. ^incredibly stupid
  8. Best answer
  9. Best answer selected by bowzef.
  10. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Silverstone SLI Corsair Graphics