Which Bluetooth stack comes with Thinkpads?

Last response: in Technologies
May 28, 2005 8:23:54 PM

I'm considering the purchase of a T43 with built-in Bluetooth. I have a
nokia 6600 that I will want to pair with the laptop. The 6600 works
well with the Microsoft stack, and in my experience, it can be made to
work with Widcomm as well if you don't mind fiddling around a bit.
So does IBM utilize either of these or something proprietary, and has
anyone had experience pairing one with a 6600?

TIA,

--Al
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 3:23:05 AM

In <news:MPG.1d029d61520da58e9896be@news.giganews.com> Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> I'm considering the purchase of a T43 with built-in Bluetooth. I
> have a nokia 6600 that I will want to pair with the laptop.

I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM Integrated
Bluetooth II Software) . 6600 is working fine. I think the T43 is using the
IBM Integrated Bluetooth IV Software [1] (Widcomm 3.something).
--
Oliver

[1]
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?...
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:37:37 PM

In <news:4298e140$0$300$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net> Oliver Doll wrote:
> I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM

sorry typo - it's 1.4.3.4
--
Oliver
Anonymous

In article <4299a989$0$305$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net>,
read.news.de.uu.net-od@od.do.uunet.de says...
> In <news:4298e140$0$300$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net> Oliver Doll wrote:
> > I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM
>
> sorry typo - it's 1.4.3.4

Thanks,

Either way, I should hopefully be fine then.

--Al
!