Which Bluetooth stack comes with Thinkpads?

I'm considering the purchase of a T43 with built-in Bluetooth. I have a
nokia 6600 that I will want to pair with the laptop. The 6600 works
well with the Microsoft stack, and in my experience, it can be made to
work with Widcomm as well if you don't mind fiddling around a bit.
So does IBM utilize either of these or something proprietary, and has
anyone had experience pairing one with a 6600?

TIA,

--Al
3 answers Last reply
More about which bluetooth stack thinkpads

    In <news:MPG.1d029d61520da58e9896be@news.giganews.com> Al Puzzuoli wrote:
    > I'm considering the purchase of a T43 with built-in Bluetooth. I
    > have a nokia 6600 that I will want to pair with the laptop.

    I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM Integrated
    Bluetooth II Software) . 6600 is working fine. I think the T43 is using the
    IBM Integrated Bluetooth IV Software [1] (Widcomm 3.something).
    --
    Oliver

    [1]
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=ibm&lndocid=MIGR-58609

    In <news:4298e140$0$300$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net> Oliver Doll wrote:
    > I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM

    sorry typo - it's 1.4.3.4
    --
    Oliver
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    In article <4299a989$0$305$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net>,
    read.news.de.uu.net-od@od.do.uunet.de says...
    > In <news:4298e140$0$300$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net> Oliver Doll wrote:
    > > I'm using an R40 which comes with a Widcomm stack. 1.3.4.3 ( IBM
    >
    > sorry typo - it's 1.4.3.4

    Thanks,

    Either way, I should hopefully be fine then.

    --Al

Bluetooth Microsoft