Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard not responding

Last response: in Motherboards
January 7, 2013 3:20:10 PM

Hi, I just finished installing my desktop into a new case. Before installation, the motherboard works effectively. After I putted every components into the case, the computer was on and running normally until i plugged the audio cable in. The computer suddenly shut down and I was not able to turn it back on. I tried to unplugged the power from all other parts except for the motherboard. All I have on motherboard is a 2G Ram, 24 pins ATX power plug and 8 pins fan power. I am using AsRock H77 Pro4 motherboard with an Intel i-5 CUP. Can anyone please help me !!! :sweat: 

More about : motherboard responding

a c 558 V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 5:33:06 PM

Hi, When installing/uninstalling components, always make sure that the power supply is off.
Do the case and the CPU fans spin when starting the board?
January 7, 2013 6:27:42 PM

Thank you so much replying! I am extremely anxious now.... I am certain the power was off when I put everything into the case. Everything was functioning normally until I plugged my speakers into the audio-input jack on the back of the computer. I took the motherboard out to test the problem and somehow it stopped functioning. It there any other way I can test the problem? or I have to go to local computer repairs? many thanks.
Related resources
January 7, 2013 6:32:12 PM

By the way, I wasn't able to turn the motherboard on. I did a test on power supply and I am sure it is working. The only problem might be the motherboard. I really don't know what else i can do...... It was perfectly fine this morning....
a c 558 V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 6:34:02 PM

Is the CPU fan spinning when starting the board? Is there a case speaker (beeper) connected to the motherboard?
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 6:45:12 PM

Did you make sure the standoffs were applied?
January 7, 2013 6:49:38 PM

The CPU fan wasn't spinning and there was not speaker on board. I did use standoffs, yes.
January 7, 2013 6:51:59 PM

And there aren't any obvious damages on motherboard. (no cracked, burned, etc.)
a c 558 V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 6:53:12 PM

If you've tested the power supply and it does work, then it's a board issue.
Try starting it with only CPU and CPU fan installed. Make sure that the 24 and 4/8 pin power connectors are in place. If still the CPU fan isn't spinning when powering the board...
January 7, 2013 6:58:39 PM

Thanks, I will try it again. If the CPU wasn't spinning, does that mean it is possibly doomed as well...... ? Oh gosh....
!