Does Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti works on an ASUS P5G41C-M LX?

i was just wandering
i don't know much about computers and whatsoever but i'd like to try the Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti , i also use chipset and i don't know if i should remove it if i want to use a video card ..
i wanna ask if the Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti works on a ASUS P5G41C-M LX motherboard with expansion slots
1xPCIe x16
1xPCIe xl
and
2xPCI

and on what slot should I put it ?

thanks if someone will answer my question :)
12 answers Last reply
More about does nvidia geforce works asus p5g41c
  1. do i have to post my specs ?
  2. gtx 550ti uses the pciex16 slot.
    If you use an onboard graphic card you'll have to disable that when you use the 550.
  3. yes you have to post your system specs
  4. thanks ! it seems like i was able to use it right ?
  5. and i should also remove the chipset to be able to use the graphic card ?
  6. You can not remove an on board chipset, only disable.
    Your mobo is ok, but also important is if your psu is strong enough. You need at least a 450W psu.
  7. 600W psu ? is that enough ?
    i don't know how to view my specs T.T
  8. 600W should be more than enough.
    You can find your specs like processor, Ram e.d. when you right click on the picto "computer" or " my computer" at your desktop. Then click on the last one on the bottom, it's called "eigenschappen" in Dutch, don't know in English, maybe "settings" ?
    You can also download GPUID-Z and GPU-Z these tell you everything from your system. ( except psu i believe )
  9. thanks ! as long as my psu can provide the card and my slot are compatible i'm hot to go right ?
  10. Yes, but knowing the processor and Ram and stuff is also important. When you only have 2G ram for example the card could be held back a bit by that. It will run tho.
  11. my processor is Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
    the RAM is 2GB

maybe i'll also change the RAM
  12. is it affordable ? the DIMM ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Geforce Nvidia Graphics