Sign in with
Your question

M2n32-sli deluxe chipset

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
January 7, 2013 4:41:28 PM

I am trying to see if there is a way of finding out what the newest and greatest chipset for my old motherboard is. currently i am running the spp190 (c51xe) chipset with the nforce 590 sli south bridge on my asus m2n32-sli deluxe.

thanks in advance for you time.
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2013 5:45:52 PM

Are you shopping for a new MB?
a c 408 V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 2:08:27 AM

You will not be able to replace the existing chip set with a new one. Nvidia 590 SLI chipset is what you have to live with on that board.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 6:52:36 PM

anonymous1 said:
Are you shopping for a new MB?

Not at the moment i am just getting into the puter world and think that learning about what i have and how to get the best out of it is a good stepping stone.
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 6:53:55 PM

clutchc said:
You will not be able to replace the existing chip set with a new one. Nvidia 590 SLI chipset is what you have to live with on that board.

Thanks for the information. while it is unfortunate that my chipset cant be updated it doesnt seem to be the end of the world in the least.
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 7:05:15 PM

swifty_morgan said:
see if there is anything here
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=w...
you can also go to nvidia's driver download page and look for mobo driver updates. good luck.

thanks for the link. that is a possible upgrade. the biggest issue i am having with nvidia's site is that i dont know what is an upgrade and what is meant for another mb altogether. not to mention i am lost as to how to install them with out an installer.
a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 7:16:34 PM

i think the nvidia site has an auto install/find driver tool. look for it.

to be honest, you might be expecting way too much from what you may actually get.
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 7:24:58 PM

swifty_morgan said:
i think the nvidia site has an auto install/find driver tool. look for it.

to be honest, you might be expecting way too much from what you may actually get.

thanks for the points.
a c 408 V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 8:38:18 PM

Anonymous said:
Thanks for the information. while it is unfortunate that my chipset cant be updated it doesnt seem to be the end of the world in the least.

I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking for. I thought you wanted to change out the physical chipset. If you are looking for a BIOS update (as swifty_morgan was suggesting), yes.. you can accomplish that on the board's site as swifty pointed out.
Under the Download tab, select your O/S and expand the Bios link. It will list the various BIOS that have been introduced over the years for your board. You can choose the latest version and download it.
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 9:42:09 PM

clutchc said:
I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking for. I thought you wanted to change out the physical chipset. If you are looking for a BIOS update (as swifty_morgan was suggesting), yes.. you can accomplish that on the board's site as swifty pointed out.
Under the Download tab, select your O/S and expand the Bios link. It will list the various BIOS that have been introduced over the years for your board. You can choose the latest version and download it.

okay thanks
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 10:02:41 PM

how do i flag this thread as answered. or solved.
a c 408 V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 10:59:16 PM

Anonymous said:
how do i flag this thread as answered. or solved.

There should be a link to click on in each respondent's answer.
!