Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why graphic card is needed for graphics programing on amd athlon 5000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 3, 2011 12:49:43 PM

Hello,
graphics programming is not run in turbo c++ but c/c++ programming is run, with amd athlon 5000+
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 1:22:41 PM

So, it sounds like you are using your motherboard's integrated video. Is that correct? What operating system are you using? Also, are your video drivers current and up to date?
m
0
l
October 3, 2011 1:36:25 PM

COLGeek said:
So, it sounds like you are using your motherboard's integrated video. Is that correct? What operating system are you using? Also, are your video drivers current and up to date?


yes ,that is correct.i am using xp2 o/s, video drivers are which came with my pc.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 1:48:07 PM

What make/model of motherboard are you using? Also, for XP, are you running Service Pack 2 or 3? If not, SP3, why not?

If you are using the drivers that originally came with the motherboard, I am sure they are very out of date. Updating the drivers will likely help a lot with your current situation.

I can use the motherboard information to locate current drivers for you to install.

Please clarify.
m
0
l
October 3, 2011 2:07:32 PM

COLGeek said:
What make/model of motherboard are you using? Also, for XP, are you running Service Pack 2 or 3? If not, SP3, why not?

If you are using the drivers that originally came with the motherboard, I am sure they are very out of date. Updating the drivers will likely help a lot with your current situation.

I can use the motherboard information to locate current drivers for you to install.

Please clarify.

I am using M2N68-AM model of motherboard. I am running Service pack 2 for XP.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
October 3, 2011 2:34:54 PM

Everything on this site is free.....
Ah!! on those sites is also free, other than the cost of the internet bandwidth that you may use and the medium to transport it. It's all free.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 3:13:01 PM

Gulab said:
plz tell me if downloading of derivers is free or costly?

The drivers and service pack are indeed free and carry no cost whatsoever.
m
0
l
October 3, 2011 4:03:59 PM

COLGeek said:
The drivers and service pack are indeed free and carry no cost whatsoever.

I have download new derivers and installed on my pc but there is no effect with graphics programming
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 4:05:33 PM

What programming tools/applications are you using?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 4:09:44 PM

Quote:
I have download new derivers and installed on my pc but there is no effect with graphics programming

What programming tools/applications are you using?

m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 3, 2011 4:28:31 PM

Gulab, I understand you installed the new drivers and it had no impact. What programming tools/applications are you using? Also, did you install SP3?
m
0
l
October 4, 2011 9:32:06 AM

COLGeek said:
Gulab, I understand you installed the new drivers and it had no impact. What programming tools/applications are you using? Also, did you install SP3?


yes, I installed SP3,I am using followingly programming code as


#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<graphics.h>
void main()
{
int gd=DETECT,gm;
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"C:\\tc\\bgi");
line(200,100,300,200);
getch();
}
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 4, 2011 1:58:50 PM

Are all of your libraries loaded?
m
0
l
October 5, 2011 2:10:44 PM

COLGeek said:
Are all of your libraries loaded?

what do you mean?
m
0
l
October 7, 2011 4:42:25 PM

COLGeek said:
What programming application are you using? Looks like you are making a call to graphics.h, is it even loaded?

Check this link for info only:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/mb/beginnercpp/384394/...

yes ,it is loaded,because turboc/c++,which is installed on my pc, runs graphics programming easily on another pc
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 7, 2011 4:56:17 PM

The problem you are having is not a driver or hardware issue. It is a problem with your programming application/compiler or how you have configured.

It sounds like something is not configured properly (or loaded) in TurboC/C++. Just to be sure, your code will not compile on your machine, but will on another. Is that correct?

If so, I would uninstall the application on your system and then completely re-install it. Please clarify.

Good luck!
m
0
l
October 11, 2011 1:43:13 PM

COLGeek said:
The problem you are having is not a driver or hardware issue. It is a problem with your programming application/compiler or how you have configured.

It sounds like something is not configured properly (or loaded) in TurboC/C++. Just to be sure, your code will not compile on your machine, but will on another. Is that correct?

If so, I would uninstall the application on your system and then completely re-install it. Please clarify.

Good luck!

Sir, I tried everything you told ,but there is no improvement, When I use graphic card then the problem is solved ,But i want a way that there will be no need to use a graphic card
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 11, 2011 2:24:22 PM

But you are using a graphics card (when you use the on-board video). Have you actually installed a video card into this system and it worked then?
m
0
l
October 12, 2011 2:27:01 PM

COLGeek said:
But you are using a graphics card (when you use the on-board video). Have you actually installed a video card into this system and it worked then?

Plz tell me that there is a difference b/w video card & graphics card
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 12, 2011 3:09:50 PM

There is no difference between a video card and a graphics card. Another term often used is GPU. They all refer to the same thing.

You are using a "video card" when you use the on-board video adapter that is built into your motherboard. Adding a stand-alone video card usually diables the on-board video and takes over the video functions.

So, have you tried to install a stand alone video card in your system? If so, did it make a difference?
m
0
l
October 15, 2011 3:45:04 PM

COLGeek said:
There is no difference between a video card and a graphics card. Another term often used is GPU. They all refer to the same thing.

You are using a "video card" when you use the on-board video adapter that is built into your motherboard. Adding a stand-alone video card usually diables the on-board video and takes over the video functions.

So, have you tried to install a stand alone video card in your system? If so, did it make a difference?

yes, I have tried to install a stand alone video card in my pc,then all graphics programs run easily.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 223 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
October 15, 2011 4:39:40 PM

I am at a loss. There must be a compatibility issue with your on-board Nvidia based video adapter and your programming application. Sorry, but I am out of ideas here.
m
0
l
October 18, 2011 11:41:30 AM

COLGeek said:
I am at a loss. There must be a compatibility issue with you on-board Nvidia based video adapter and your programming application. Sorry, but I am out of ideas here.

Thank you for doing help me
m
0
l
!