Case fan needed? Where to plug it in?

Hi all. My CoolIt CPU unit failed, so I am shifting to a Hyper 212 Plus air cooling unit. (Full story here if you are *really* interested: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/273716-29-water-cooling-replacement-novice)

Thing is, the CoolIt unit included an integrated case fan. So now I am wondering:

(1) Should I add a cheap 120mm case fan (in addition to the fan that sits next to the heat sink on the Hyper 212). Is that overkill? I don't overclock and have not had temperature problems.

(2) If I do add a case fan, where the heck do I plug the power cord in? The four-prong connection that the CoolIt unit used will be taken up by the Hyper 212. I have an EVGA 132-bl-e758-tr motherboard.

Thanks from a tinkering newb.
answers
Last reply
More about case needed plug
  1. Hi :)

Plug it into a Molex adaptor...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Most people that use the 212 add a second fan to the unit, its commonly referred to as a push-pull set up,
    there should be a cha_fan, sys_fan or similar socket you can use although as brett says, the Psu is always there as an option
    Moto
  3. Thanks, all!
  4. No problem man, glad to help
    Moto
  5. Motopsychojdn said:
    Most people that use the 212 add a second fan to the unit, its commonly referred to as a push-pull set up,
    there should be a cha_fan, sys_fan or similar socket you can use although as brett says, the Psu is always there as an option
    Moto

moto = masters of the obvious ??
  6. If it was in fact obvious then Op wouldn't have felt the need to ask....
    :)
    Moto
  7. lol no . just wanted to know if thats what the moto accronym you sign with meant .. Had to know :)
  8. Hehe,
    Moto is a play on the origin (greek I think) of movement, motive etc,
    and Psycho refers to functions of the brain, so one one hand its because I'm a nutter on a motorcycle,
    but on the yoda side of things it means
    'Movement of the mind'
    which is something I tend to strive towards.

it also looks good on my driving licence :P
    Moto
  9. ah ......[ solved ] tyvm
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Fan Components