Building a new Rig help Z68 , 2600K

kringleone

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I want to upgrade my current PC that I had for 3 and half years a now. Therefore I need some help from you guys.

My Current machine is:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Asus P5K-E Wifi/AP
4 GB DDR2 800
Geforce 9500GT
Thermaltake M5 Case
Superchannel 500W PSU
Samsung 2494HS Full HD LCD

I now I want to buy these parts:
Intel 2600K
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ XMP
Corsair H80 Cooler
Antec HCP 1200 PSU

I thinking using the GPU, Case, Screen and peripherals from my old build then in January I can get.

2 way SLI Gainward NVidia GeForce GTX 580 3GB
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
and a decent screen

I was since my budget is tight (With the prices of components in South Africa that ranges from 1.5 to 2.5 Neweggs price) and I would like to get these components before the festive seasons( cause I might use the money).

I was thinking of two solutions

1. Replacing the Z68 Deluxe with the V-Pro. But I did a search about Asus' Z68 issues and most of the results has shown the V-Pro to have problems, and most of them was boot and stability problems. I couldn't find many on the deluxe, but both boards are practically the same with minor extra. I was also wondering if the deluxe worth the extra money?

2. Replacing the 2600K with the 2500K. But I am also wondering about the performance.
I don't do video editing, encoding. few design Photoshop, fireworks. a lot of development, and most of the environments I used are always installed and running. Web servers, Application servers database servers(some with multiple instances). I often use Virtual Machines. Thinking of heavy gaming next year.

I need someone I have used those components specially the boards, to advise.