Buzzing noise - NEED HELP -

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Hello everyone, so i have this buzzing noise coming from my case, I tapped a few pieces of printer paper together and coned it up and tried to locate where it's coming from but it's so difficult to pin point. I know for a fact it is not the gpu psu or harddrives because the sound drains away as i move to cone lower and lower in the case, so it has to the be the rear fan cpu or cpu fan, ram(can't be) or motherboard even... I have no idea what it could be...

Point to NOTE: When I go into my bios, and stay there for a minute, the hum/buzz dies and disappears entirely. I'm using the stock HAF912 case with fan, and stock INTEL 2500K cpu fan.

Thanks for anyone who can help assist me with this annoying problem.

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I don't know if i should stop a cpu fan from spinning while the computer is on... and How do you stop it from spinning? I have a gigabyte motherboard and the bios is OLD... SCHOOL.

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
http://www.zshare.net/download/99230166832e9022/

Here's a link to the sound it is making, make sure to only hit the "Download Now" BUTTON. other buttons I assume are made for downloading spyware or w/e

G

please count them to verify that statement.

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

hahaha, exactly what I was thinking, anyways I don't want to touch any of the fan blades while they're spinning, I stopped the gpu fan, and every other fan because all you have to do is press the middle of it (Doesn't work with stock intel cooler), so no fans are causing it, most likely the cpu?

Anyways, like I said, you cant hear it when you're in the bios, only when you move past the splash screen.

swillis11

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

I am having this EXACT problem. I know it sounds weird but this describes the problem completely. Have you figure out a solution yet?

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
know what, I just bought a new cpu fan but won't be installing it for a couple weeks, check back then and I'll make sure to post if it's the fan or not

If it's not the cpu fan it's the graphics card or motherboard.

assaf09

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

Yes, it was the stock intel cpu fan. I put in two 200m fans and a coolermaster hyper 212 evo cpu fan and my system is damn quiet. So yeah, definitely recommend you drop 30$ on a new cpu fan and if your case has a backplate window for the cpu chip, it's a 5min install.

TRENDING THREADS