Sign in with
Your question

Broken Motherboard sata connector

Last response: in Motherboards
January 7, 2013 11:55:00 PM

Hi,

My sata connector on the motherboard snapped right off. Is there a way I can use the cd drive connector of my iMac (A1208) as my hard drive connector? Unfortunately, when I tried to solder on the connector, I seemed to also have ripped off an smd capacitor as well (I believe it's a 10nf one). Also, would I be okay if I am able to solder on the pins without that capacitor?

I realize this is a lost motherboard, but I got it for free and I wouldn't mind salvaging it with a weekend electronics project.

Thanks!
a c 558 V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 4:33:34 AM

Hi, Only one SATA port to the board? Does the board have a IDE connector?
m
l
January 9, 2013 2:50:37 PM

No, it's a mac and he stupid things only have one port (which is a sata).
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2013 2:13:30 PM

got the same problem except i got 6 sata connections on the motherboard and one called sata3for dvd thats the one that broken.
still trying to finding a solution how to connect my dvd.
m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:34 PM

got the same problem except i got 6 sata connections on the motherboard and one called sata3for dvd thats the one that broken.
m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:35 PM

m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:35 PM

m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:36 PM

m
l

m
l

m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:37 PM

m
l

m
l

m
l

m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:38 PM

m
l

m
l

m
l
August 11, 2013 2:13:39 PM

m
l
!