Change Win Exploror Defualt in XP

Make a shortcut to explorer.exe
Rightclick the new shortcut and open the Properties window.
In the Target box, type: "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\" (no quotes)
Put the shortcut anywhere you like. Quicklaunch maybe?

FYI -the above takes you to the root of C: but, you can specify any path you
like after the /n,/e,
--
~john aka: jopa

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open Win-Exploror it opens at "My Doc." how can I
> change it to open at "C" drive?

Hi Bill,

How to customize windows explorer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a8c01c486b2$d8c97ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> When I open Win-Exploror it opens at "My Doc." how can I
> change it to open at "C" drive?

/n does nothing under most conditions and never does anything in explore mode. For a folder view /n will force a new window rather than switching to an existing folder view of that folder.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"jopa66" <jopa66@hotmail.com.no.spam.me> wrote in message news:efLqS7rhEHA.1964@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Make a shortcut to explorer.exe
> Rightclick the new shortcut and open the Properties window.
> In the Target box, type: "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\" (no quotes)
> Put the shortcut anywhere you like. Quicklaunch maybe?
>
> FYI -the above takes you to the root of C: but, you can specify any path you
> like after the /n,/e,
> --
> ~john aka: jopa
>

> "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open Win-Exploror it opens at "My Doc." how can I
> > change it to open at "C" drive?

Thanks. Never really checked this out - just been creating shortcuts from a
tip recieved from somewhere else.

--
~john aka: jopa

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
/n does nothing under most conditions and never does anything in explore
mode. For a folder view /n will force a new window rather than switching to
an existing folder view of that folder.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"jopa66" <jopa66@hotmail.com.no.spam.me> wrote in message
> Make a shortcut to explorer.exe
> Rightclick the new shortcut and open the Properties window.
> In the Target box, type: "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\" (no quotes)
> Put the shortcut anywhere you like. Quicklaunch maybe?
>
> FYI -the above takes you to the root of C: but, you can specify any path
> you
> like after the /n,/e,
> --
> ~john aka: jopa
>

> "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open Win-Exploror it opens at "My Doc." how can I
> > change it to open at "C" drive?

TRENDING THREADS