Sign in with
Your question

Routers vs switch

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 27, 2011 12:36:31 PM

Hello,
I have a house that is wired with network access in everyroom. I am currently using an old belkin router in the garage box where the modem is located, to route the signal to every room. I have upgraded my cable internet speed to 9 and was wondering if I upgrade the router to a linksys wireless N, will I see a greater speed. Could I use some sort or switch to do this job.

More about : routers switch

March 27, 2011 2:53:03 PM

You don't need to make any changes. Your current router is more than enough to handle the extra speed. The router is rated for up to 100Mbps (or Gbps depending on the model) on the wired side and up to 150 or 300 Mbps on the wireless, far above your new 9Mbps speed.

You you want the rooms to have wireless you might plug in a wireless access point in some of the rooms to have enough coverage. But personally I still prefer wired connection.
m
l
June 6, 2011 12:49:37 PM

susang1952 said:
Hello,
I have a house that is wired with network access in everyroom. I am currently using an old belkin router in the garage box where the modem is located, to route the signal to every room. I have upgraded my cable internet speed to 9 and was wondering if I upgrade the router to a linksys wireless N, will I see a greater speed. Could I use some sort or switch to do this job.

Good Morning Susan, You can upgrade your Linksys Dual Band Wireless N for excellent strength. Linksys E4200 Maxium Performance Dual-Band N Router. www.linksys.com and or you can purchase this product at a local Eletronic Retail Store. Staples, Office Depot or Radio Shack.

David L Carrington
davidcarrington06@comcast.net
m
l
!