Accidentally turned off keyboard using sticky keys -windows xp home

Hello,
Accidentally..of course.... I clicked shift five times on my generic keyboard for my pc that uses windows xp home edition. It opened up the sticky keys menu and somehow I accidentally clicked on something within that folder that disabled the keyboard. Any time I press any key it just makes a "click like" beeping noise. How do I reverse what I did?!?
4 answers Last reply
More about accidentally turned keyboard sticky keys windows home
  1. Should be a little clock like icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen ( will say "Filter Keys" when you mouse over it ), double click it, then uncheck the Filter keys box and hit apply.
  2. You're awesome delluser! Thank you!!!
  3. delluser1 said:
    Should be a little clock like icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen ( will say "Filter Keys" when you mouse over it ), double click it, then uncheck the Filter keys box and hit apply.

Unfortunately, no clock-like icon, but your answer gave me enough information to know to go to Accessibility Options. IMHO, what a stupid, stupid thing to be able to disable your keyboard in Windows. Thank God I had another computer.
  4. I'm so glad I found this, my cat sat on my keyboard and before I could answer the sticky key window, my kb shut off.. grr. Thanks! It's and old q/a but a goody!
Ask a new question

Read More

Keyboards Windows XP Components