Problem with System Booting Up.

Pwned200

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hello,

I am new here :)

I have recently been having a very strange problem with my PC, and have no idea what it could be. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

So the First problem i have had was when i boot my PC up i get an Error saying,

"USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!
System will shut Down in 15 Seconds."

I have shut down and rebooted, and the system will start up. That's more of a minor problem i have had.

Now for the Major problem i have had. When i boot up my system, the PC gets stuck on the Boot Menu. I am unable to enter the bios, or boot menus. The computer recognizes nothing that's plugged in. I have gotten around this first error by unplugging the system, trying to turn it on to drain all residual power out of it, then plugging it back in, and starting it up. (i have unplugged the front case USB ports from the motherboard and i still will get this next error.)

On this second time of trying to boot up the system will boot to the point of seeing the Windows logo loading, then the screen goes black. My monitor then says that there is no picture detected from DVI, then screen going black. I can type in my password and hit enter on the keyboard, the screen turns back on, and i see the screen where you log into windows. It shoes the password slowly type into the box (like if there was a lot of lag on a server when you type), and then log onto windows.

Once logged into windows the system acts super slow, and is practically unusable for about 10 min. After that the system gets its head on straight, and works just fine.

System Specs:

Windows 7 64bit
12 gigs of DDR3 ram (2x2/2x4)
ASUS M4A89TD Motherboard
Nvidia gtx 470 graphics card
AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.4 GHz

Nothing is overclocked

hillmanant

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
As for the USB problem sounds like a grounding issue it has been addressed here at Tom's

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/192538-30-a8n32-quot-current-status-detected-quot

And the slow boot and start-up could be RAM. Try unplugging all but 1 stick of ram and reboot if the problem persists try the next stick, if it persists again rinse and repeat till you try all sticks or find that it functions better with one stick. I cant be positive because I've never done it but mismatching RAM is a bad idea from what I understand, if the money is available I would get a matched set that's meant to run together 3x4 or better with 4x4.

Maybe something like this if RAM is the problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231312