Sign in with
Your question

Windowxp

Last response: in Networking
December 29, 2010 6:14:53 PM

I have window7 installed on my computer but I want to install windowxp sp2 I can get it installed but it want connect to the internet but its say I have 400mb connection when you put the mouse on the computer Can anyone help I have and Alineware I have 2 500gb hard drives want run one with windows7 another with windowxp sp2 Also I have Time Warrner High Speed Turbo

More about : windowxp

December 30, 2010 6:15:18 AM

That 400Mb connection is probably only as far as the router. Sometimes XP needs to have a tick in Control Panel>Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button>"Automatically detect settings". Click Apply and OK your way then restart Internet Explorer.

m
l
January 3, 2011 5:08:57 PM

Can you try that again with punctuation?

Are you trying to make a dual-boot with win 7 & win XP? XP won't connect to the internet?
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2011 12:11:48 AM

yes I have a dual boot setup ones for windows 7 another is for windows xp I download to windows xp partition it installs adjust my screen but will not connect to internet I've went to LAN setting and clicked Automatically detect and it still want connect
m
l
January 6, 2011 12:12:39 AM

both or 500 gbs hard drives
m
l
January 6, 2011 5:46:18 AM

In XP, go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Network Adapters and right click the relevant adapter then go to Properties. Click on the Details tab and note down the four characters after the VEN and the four after DEV. Using your other computer go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and enter those characters in the boxes for VEN for Vendor and DEV for Device and you should be guided to the right place for the XP driver.

Hopefully, your problem is that the existing driver in the XP installation is the Windows 7 version and the above should correct that.

m
l
January 16, 2011 1:11:26 AM

Saga Lout said:

In XP, go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Network Adapters and right click the relevant adapter then go to Properties. Click on the Details tab and note down the four characters after the VEN and the four after DEV. Using your other computer go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and enter those characters in the boxes for VEN for Vendor and DEV for Device and you should be guided to the right place for the XP driver.

Hopefully, your problem is that the existing driver in the XP installation is the Windows 7 version and the above should correct that.

I will try this as soon as I receive my new Alineware Computer next week I hope
m
l
!