Asrock Z77 Extreme4 won't get past boot screen

Hi Guys

I've recently upgraded to i5 3570K and an Asrock z77 Extreme4 motherboard and I'm having problems

The main problem is that I can't get past the boot screen without it restarting and sometimes the screen will just stay blank and keep restarting

I really don't know what to do after I even bought new RAM and that didn't solve the issue either

Could anyone help me out?
6 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme4 past boot screen
  1. Did you update your bios before putting the new cpu in? I'm assuming you had this system and you just upgraded the cpu
  2. I've upgraded from a AMD system actually

I've managed to boot from the dvd drive and install windows but once I restart my computer I run into the same problem

When I first installed the board and the cpu it started and then I did update bios to the latest version and still the same problem persists
  3. sounds like a ram problem try booting with 1 stick in the first channel and then swap the sticks over to see if it a faulty module also make sure xmp memory profile is disabled in bios
  4. kenny3105 said:
    sounds like a ram problem try booting with 1 stick in the first channel and then swap the sticks over to see if it a faulty module also make sure xmp memory profile is disabled in bios

I've tried all of that and the problem is still there

I have no clue on what to do next
  5. ensure your cpu is seated properly and none of the pins are bent or damaged in the cpu socket read about this problem before with that board
  6. Use the 2 digit led debug on your motherboard and then refer to the instruction manual in order to see what malfunction is corresponding to the numbers/letters you are seeing
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Boot ASrock