Sign in with
Your question

Asrock Z77 Extreme4 won't get past boot screen

Last response: in Motherboards
January 8, 2013 4:25:00 PM

Hi Guys

I've recently upgraded to i5 3570K and an Asrock z77 Extreme4 motherboard and I'm having problems

The main problem is that I can't get past the boot screen without it restarting and sometimes the screen will just stay blank and keep restarting

I really don't know what to do after I even bought new RAM and that didn't solve the issue either

Could anyone help me out?

a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 4:33:13 PM

Did you update your bios before putting the new cpu in? I'm assuming you had this system and you just upgraded the cpu
January 8, 2013 4:37:17 PM

I've upgraded from a AMD system actually

I've managed to boot from the dvd drive and install windows but once I restart my computer I run into the same problem

When I first installed the board and the cpu it started and then I did update bios to the latest version and still the same problem persists

Related resources
January 8, 2013 5:58:57 PM

sounds like a ram problem try booting with 1 stick in the first channel and then swap the sticks over to see if it a faulty module also make sure xmp memory profile is disabled in bios
January 8, 2013 6:09:39 PM

kenny3105 said:
sounds like a ram problem try booting with 1 stick in the first channel and then swap the sticks over to see if it a faulty module also make sure xmp memory profile is disabled in bios

I've tried all of that and the problem is still there

I have no clue on what to do next
January 8, 2013 7:24:58 PM

ensure your cpu is seated properly and none of the pins are bent or damaged in the cpu socket read about this problem before with that board
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 7:44:20 PM

Use the 2 digit led debug on your motherboard and then refer to the instruction manual in order to see what malfunction is corresponding to the numbers/letters you are seeing
!