Sign in with
Your question

New to Tom's; Needs Help on First Build

Last response: in Systems
November 29, 2011 11:31:39 PM

Hello,

I would just like to start out by saying this is my first time on Tom's Hardware. Recently, a friend convinced me to build a computer, and has recommended that I come here for all my computer needs. I don't know if I am in the right spot, so direct me to the appropriate forum if I goofed. What I need is a computer that will be able to run current games (and games to come) at a reasonable price (around $1,000). At the moment I have a list of components, but as I said, I know nothing of computers. If anyone could give me tips, tricks or corrections I would greatly appreciate it .

More about : tom build

November 29, 2011 11:38:02 PM

What I currently have:

Case: COOLER MASTER CM690 II ATX Mid Tower

GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB 256-bit

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiasts TX750M 750W ATX 12v PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular

MB: ASUS P8P67 PRO

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB

HDD: Spinpoint F3 1TB

m
l
November 29, 2011 11:50:30 PM

Sounds like a good friend!

While people here may answer you, a better forum to post this under would be located here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31.html

I'm also relatively new to the site so I am unsure if it would be better to stick it out here or create a new topic in the appropriate forum. Maybe a mod can move this thread over there?

Also, you made a good start posting what you picked out so far and your budget. Give this page a little look over to see if you missed anything: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...

Good luck and have fun!

m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2011 11:55:43 PM

Thank you very much, Lightus! Now that I've been pointed in the right direction my goal is that much closer!
m
l
November 30, 2011 12:46:16 AM

This is funny that someone reworded my post AND replied for me lol
m
l
November 30, 2011 11:23:31 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
!