Stereo Bluetooth Headset & Nokia 6230

Last response: in Technologies
June 4, 2005 5:11:05 AM

Hi,

i am using my Nokia 6230 as a MP3 Player.

First of all is it possible to use a stereo bluetooth headset with my Nokia
6230? Or is it only mono on both speakers? or maybe only mono on one
speaker?

Second of all, what stereo bluetooth headset would you recommend? Do they
sound better than the "one ear" headsets and do they have a "real" bass? Do
they also have a microphone?

thanx
June 5, 2005 3:17:08 PM

Stereo generally sounds better than mono for music. It only makes sense if
you have a BT phone that plays music in stereo.

I don't have one of these, so cannot review them. I have seen notices about
them though. Yes, they all come with a microphone, so if you're listening to
music and get a phone call, you can speak on the phone with the same
headset.

"Pascal Hagedorn" <hagedor@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote in message
news:D 7qo2a$q79$1@news.uni-kl.de...
> Hi,
>
> i am using my Nokia 6230 as a MP3 Player.
>
> First of all is it possible to use a stereo bluetooth headset with my
Nokia
> 6230? Or is it only mono on both speakers? or maybe only mono on one
> speaker?
>
> Second of all, what stereo bluetooth headset would you recommend? Do they
> sound better than the "one ear" headsets and do they have a "real" bass?
Do
> they also have a microphone?
>
> thanx

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:42:49 AM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 01:11:05 +0200, "Pascal Hagedorn"
<hagedor@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am using my Nokia 6230 as a MP3 Player.
>
> First of all is it possible to use a stereo bluetooth headset with my Nokia
> 6230? Or is it only mono on both speakers? or maybe only mono on one
> speaker?

http://www.mrgadget.com.au/2004/09/blueant-bluetooth-st...
says that the Nokia 6230 is compatible with stereo Bluetooth headphone.

Have you figured how to listen to its FM radio by Bluetooth? I'm stumped.

Tony
June 14, 2005 12:12:00 PM

> http://www.mrgadget.com.au/2004/09/blueant-bluetooth-st...
> says that the Nokia 6230 is compatible with stereo Bluetooth headphone.

true, but it's worth pointing out that you will only get mono HS/HF
functionality UNLESS the phone supports the AV profile (stereo audio)
and there aren't many phones available with support for this yet.

bob
!