Unstable since CPU replacement

Milkzo

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Hi there,
Recently I ordered an AMD FX 6300 (piledriver, 3.5 GHz) to replace my old Phenom II X4 (3.4 GHz). As I have an Asus Crosshair IV Formula, for which there is a BIOS update that allows AM3+ processors to be installed, I thought it might be worth a shot to try the new CPU in this board instead of spending money on a new one. The BIOS flash to version 3027 went fine, so I went ahead and installed the new CPU, as well as a new power supply. This installation went well, and nothing seemed to be wrong until a day after I had installed the parts, at which point slightly intensive applications began crashing randomly, such as video games and even windows explorer, on occasion. These crashs were soon followed by a blue screen error. Upon the ensuing restart, my Windows told me I should do a memory diagnostic, which I allowed. Indeed, there is apparently something with my RAM. I have two sticks of Corsair Vengeance memory, each at 4GB and 1600 MHz.
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I'd like to be able to edit videos and play games as normal without having to worry about there being an issue with my computer. Help would be much appreciated!