Sign in with
Your question

Help to perfect the system

Last response: in Systems
November 30, 2011 1:09:46 PM

Hello, sorry for my bad language - it seems i registered to the worldwide community instead for the german...
I want to get a new computer soon and read some forums and want to get this system: (its for gaming/SWTOR)

Asrock P67 Pro 3
Intel I5-2500K
G.Skill RipJaws-X DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-10667U CL7-7-7-21
Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Phantom, 1GB

What is the max clock i will get with air cooling, 3.6ghz?
Don't know what cpu cooler i should get, maybe Mugen 2?
Is my Tagan Easycon 530W good enough?
Whats about the RAM? is there something better than this? or is the ram these days just style :D  (cause in germany the communities often say "just take a cheap one - doesnt matter with I5-2500k"
Is there a better ATI card than the 560 GTX Phantom for the same price?
I already got a Samsung HDJ642JJ 640gb - should i get another 640 and use raid0 or is it better to get 2 new 1tb for raid0?

best regards, rcy

More about : perfect system

December 1, 2011 1:06:08 PM

I would get a z68 motherboard, pretty standard overclock for the i5 with a good aftermarket cooler would be about 4.5Ghz thats the highest safe overclock for the long run, but there's insane overclocking videos on Youtube of people taking them up to :pfff:  5Ghz, but they cant last long at that rate. I have an i5 with a Cooler Master V8 heatsink overclocked to 4.5Ghz :D  and it only brought the idle temperature up 2-3 degree's to 33 degrees and at max load running prime 95 it run's between 65 and 70 degrees, very stable, ran it for about 16 hours.

As for the RAM I think something more like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
its a little faster. '

As for the cooler i would go with the 212+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And I would stay with the Phantom
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
December 1, 2011 6:34:32 PM

Quote:
Is my Tagan Easycon 530W good enough?

Good enough? Possibly - I don't know anything about that brand and I don't think I would trust it to newer equipment - you might want to look at upgrading.

Quote:
Whats about the RAM? is there something better than this? or is the ram these days just style :D  (cause in germany the communities often say "just take a cheap one - doesnt matter with I5-2500k"

General guidelines for any SB build are usually 2-4GB per slot, 1333MHz (PC 10666) - 1600MHz RAM (PC 12800), 1.5V, with timing 9-9-9-24. As long as your RAM meets those specs you should be good to go.

Quote:
Is there a better ATI card than the 560 GTX Phantom for the same price?

The 6950 and GTX 560 are both very excellent choices. Either one will work just fine.

Quote:
I already got a Samsung HDJ642JJ 640gb - should i get another 640 and use raid0 or is it better to get 2 new 1tb for raid0?

That first hard drive should be plenty - you should look at getting an SSD instead of going for a RAID setup - with RAID you're more likely to have something fail.

Quote:

What is the max clock i will get with air cooling, 3.6ghz?
Don't know what cpu cooler i should get, maybe Mugen 2?

The Mugen is good, but if EVGA is available where you live - try their cooler, it's supposed to be one of the best on the market in the sub $50 range.

As far as getting a new system you should fill out the form and what your budget is, preferred place for parts, etc, and then we can help you better.
!