Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Post screen and windows too big for monitor

Last response: in Motherboards
January 8, 2013 6:54:04 PM

Hello,
I built a computer using a MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard and an intel i53570K processor. No graphis card. Windows 7 64bit. The post screen and windows both have parts of the text(post) and icons (windows) off the edge of the display. I am using a 65" HD plasma tv as monitor. I can use the "reduce mode" on the tv but then it dosent fill the entire display. I can use manual scalling but semms like it shouldnt be necessary. It wasnt necessary on my previous computer.
January 8, 2013 9:07:57 PM

what resolution on the tv

and do you have a graphics card? if so, put it in the computer and see if it helps
m
l
January 8, 2013 9:09:13 PM

cause thats what happened to my 40 inch tv
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 11:55:32 PM

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the long time it took me to respond. I havn't solved the problem yet but it works pretty well using the reduce mode on the tv. I had bigger problems with the commputer but they are solved now so I am looking back into this issue.

the tv is set at 1920X1080 (and it is a DLP not plasma - I was thinking of my previous tv :sleep:  ). I do have an old graphics card - it is only 512MB. The on-processor graphics of this cpu are spposed to be pretty good and I wanted to see what it was like before i put in a card. I'm about ready to do that and I'll let you know what happens.

roy
m
l

Best solution

January 22, 2013 8:42:46 AM

do you have a budget on a graphivs card.

and if not.

try and get a 1gb or 2gb graphics card and try and test around or ask local pc shops about your problem because thats what happen to me 18 months ago.

Jesse :)  p.s I'm a guy
January 22, 2013 2:27:13 PM

Thanks Jesse. I am trying to decide on a video card now. My budget is about $250.
m
l
January 26, 2013 5:01:22 PM

Hey meatball, as you know, I went with the asus 660ti - a little over budget but.. isnt it always? Now the post screen comes up correctly positioned but windows is still too big. so i used the nvidia driver program and adjusted the overscan to get the correct size. I was reluctant to do it this way because I have some vague memory of having problems with adjusting overscan before. It was interesting that the settings for the overscan has a padlock icon that you can leave open or closed. I left it locked. So far its been working great. Thanks for your help.
m
l
January 26, 2013 5:02:28 PM

Best answer selected by rc123.
m
l
!