Sign in with
Your question

First sound card

Last response: in Motherboards
January 8, 2013 9:13:06 PM

Hi guys, I just bought my first sound card as I wanted to see if I could get better surround in games than the onboard realtek sound. I was just wondering how I switch to the sound card once I install it. Also do I need to uninstall the realtek drivers incase of any conflicts?

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 and im getting Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card.

Thanks

More about : sound card

a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2013 10:43:35 PM

Un install the realtek, and install your drivers for your soundcard.

Plug in your headset/5.1/7.1 kit and go to your new soundcards GUI and set your settings based on what you got plugged in an whazam.

Also, I recomend gettting the drivers from the website instead of the disc.
January 9, 2013 12:05:13 PM

austing said:
Un install the realtek, and install your drivers for your soundcard.

Plug in your headset/5.1/7.1 kit and go to your new soundcards GUI and set your settings based on what you got plugged in an whazam.

Also, I recomend gettting the drivers from the website instead of the disc.

Thanks bro! :) 
Related resources
a c 462 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 12:24:46 PM

you need to boot into your bios first and go under onboard devices and turn the sound card off or windows will just reinstall the driver on reboot.
January 9, 2013 4:17:59 PM

smorizio said:
you need to boot into your bios first and go under onboard devices and turn the sound card off or windows will just reinstall the driver on reboot.

Oh rite, I was thinking windows might do that as it happens everytime I update graphics drivers. Thx man :) 
January 11, 2013 9:30:38 AM

Dont suppose anyone know where this setting is on this mortherboard? I cant find any options for onboard sound.
January 11, 2013 11:46:58 AM

nvm it was called Azalia codec
!