Your question

Upgradeable System or Buy a new system? Please Help

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Graphics Cards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 30, 2011 6:41:54 PM

Hi everyone. DaNegotiator here again. I received so much help and advice last time that I am back with another question. I have a system that I was going to upgrade but I am not sure if it is upgradeable. It is constantly freezing on my games World of Warcraft and Magic the Gathering. Even at the lowest settings. I was going to upgrade the graphics card but I was not sure if newer cards would be compatible with the motherboard or processor I have since they are so old. I will list the specs that it currently has and would appreciate your comments as for suggestions for upgrades. This includes motherboard, processor, and graphics card. Again, if the costs are too much to upgrade, then it might be time to build a totally new system. Thanks again for your help.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Q6600

Motherboard: P5N32-E SLI

Memory: G Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 (400MHZ) 4 GB RAM (2X2GB) Nominal Voltage 1.8

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Hard Drive: 300GB HD

DVD Drive: 2 Writemaster DVD/CD drives

Case: Some Ibuypower case. Probably should get a new one as the front usb ports don’t work anymore.

PSU: Corsair TX 650 Watt

Monitor:1680 X 1050 22inch monitor. However, I have a 32inch HDTV that I plan on using.

Again, if the motherboard can take newer and better graphics cards then I will just upgrade the graphics card. If the motherboard can’t handle it, then I will consider a new motherboard and graphics card. If the CPU is too old and needs updating too then it may mean that I need a totally new system. I am looking forward to reading your comments and suggestions.

More about : upgradeable system buy system

November 30, 2011 7:32:56 PM

Updated more information such as Monitor resolution, Ram, and CPU...I think I have a CPU cooler but have no idea what it is. I see it but was hoping to not open the case to look. I might have to. I am interested in overclocking if needed for the new graphics card.
m
l
November 30, 2011 8:06:50 PM

It appears that my BIOS has an automatic Overclocking options from 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20%. It may be that easy to click it and overclock it.
m
l