Can BT 1.2 headsets connect with Centrino?

Hello gurus,
Few days ago I bought a Bluetooth hands-free earpiece namely Logitech
Mobile Freedom Headset
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2193,CONTENTID=9502
It turned to be a Bluetooth 1.2 peripheral. Bluetooth is a totally new
ground for me so I would appreciate your answers for the following:
q1. Can BT 1.2 connect with Centrino-based laptops?
My question is coming from my failure to use the new headset with my
Acer TMC300 laptop. It is Centrino based, and has bluetooth built in.
The OS is Win XP Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 up and running.
The laptop detected and paired properly with the headset but its
Properties->Services page was blank, i.e. no services at all.
Consequently, I couldn't activate it in the audio control panel (as a
speaker+microphone).
Googling tonight, I understood (or misunderstood) that Win XP SP2 does
not support Bluetooth 1.2. Some pages were advising to download the
Bluetooth 1.2 stack.
q2. Where can one download the Bluetooth 1.2 stack?
TIA gurus.
1 answer Last reply
More about headsets connect centrino

    It depends on the Bluetooth software, not on the Centrino technology.

    If your Bluetooth software supports the Headset profile then you should be
    ok. You have to confirm with Acer that this is the case. Once you have this
    confirmation, then you have to place the headset in pairing mode (read the
    manual, eacg is a different case, but most of the time you turn it on while
    pressing the talk button). Then from your laptop you do a Bluetooth search,
    and pair. The pairing code for headsets is 0000 in general (except old
    models have their own codes).

    Check this guide: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=903

    http://www.geekzone.co.nz
    http://www.geekmac.com

    <elitra@rock.com> wrote in message
    > Hello gurus,
    > Few days ago I bought a Bluetooth hands-free earpiece namely Logitech
    > Mobile Freedom Headset
    > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2193,CONTENTID=9502
    > It turned to be a Bluetooth 1.2 peripheral. Bluetooth is a totally new
    > ground for me so I would appreciate your answers for the following:
    > q1. Can BT 1.2 connect with Centrino-based laptops?
    > My question is coming from my failure to use the new headset with my
    > Acer TMC300 laptop. It is Centrino based, and has bluetooth built in.
    > The OS is Win XP Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 up and running.
    > The laptop detected and paired properly with the headset but its
    > Properties->Services page was blank, i.e. no services at all.
    > Consequently, I couldn't activate it in the audio control panel (as a
    > speaker+microphone).
    > Googling tonight, I understood (or misunderstood) that Win XP SP2 does
    > not support Bluetooth 1.2. Some pages were advising to download the
    > Bluetooth 1.2 stack.
    > q2. Where can one download the Bluetooth 1.2 stack?
    > TIA gurus.

Bluetooth Laptops Gaming Headsets Connection