What 600-700w psu?

sammyboy2

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I recently got rid of my old alpine 650w cheap generic PSU and swapped it with a XFX 650W XXX EDITION PSU but it shorted as soon as i installed it, so the money is getting refunded and I am now on the look for a new PSU, my budget is £75 and i would be very happy with a fully modular PSU as i want to increase airflow. I have seen a couple fully modular PSU's but i cant decide, it was either corsair, ocz or another one i think. I dont want a cheap one so thats why i going to spend a good bit on a decent PSU. My specs are:

AMD ATHLON II X3 450
250GB HDD
ASUS M5A78LM/USB3
XFX RADEON 5870 (Might get the new 7800 series)
Sharkoon T9 ATX Case
Sony DVDRW/BURNER
WIN7
Crucial 2x 2GB 1333mhz

Thanks all, Greatly Appreciated Sam.
(Super annoyed at XFXSHOP.CO.UK's poor customer service, they want me to pay for shipping for RMA.....I dont think so considering i got a faulty item in the first place which was not fit for purpose)

Thing is I don't understand WHY you need fully modular! I mean no matter what you are going to be using that 24pin connector! :fou:

Generally my thought as well, although some people like to replace the stock cables, and corsair has a "semi-modular" that has a bunch more than just the main cables (and alot more than an average build would use) permanently attached