iPaq 6315 and Zoom PC Card Bluetooth adapter

Last response: in Technologies
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 2:25:44 PM

Are these two devices even compatible?

I bought a Zoom PC Card BT adapter because it fits my laptop and the part
that sticks out of the PC card slot is small enough that I can leave it in
and not break it off. It has a retractable antenna.

However, the card cannot see my iPaq 6315 (service from T-Mobile) and vice
versa. I installed the card at a restaurant where I briefly discovered
someone else's phone on my laptop, but my iPaq has never been discovered on
my laptop and has never discovered BT on my laptop.

This leads me to believe that the iPaq is braindead, but without another BT
device I can't really tell.

I have the most recent ROM update for the iPaq installed.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2005 1:52:11 PM

They should work ok. First thing to check is to be sure that both devices
are in discoverable mode.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz

"Poor Impulse Control" <usenet@grasslake.net> wrote in message
> Are these two devices even compatible?
>
> I bought a Zoom PC Card BT adapter because it fits my laptop and the part
> that sticks out of the PC card slot is small enough that I can leave it in
> and not break it off. It has a retractable antenna.
>
> However, the card cannot see my iPaq 6315 (service from T-Mobile) and vice
> versa. I installed the card at a restaurant where I briefly discovered
> someone else's phone on my laptop, but my iPaq has never been discovered
> on my laptop and has never discovered BT on my laptop.
>
> This leads me to believe that the iPaq is braindead, but without another
> BT device I can't really tell.
>
> I have the most recent ROM update for the iPaq installed.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2005 10:14:57 AM

I haven't fully debugged this, but I use Goodlink on mine to get my work
email/calendar and I believe that it's stepping on the Bluetooth system
somehow.

Pre-Good (I did a hard reset last night), laptop<->handheld works great.
This time after reinstalling Good I can still see the handheld's via BT and
interact with it on my laptop, but none of the BT management tools on the
iPaq work anymore. They won't open at all.

!