How remove "My Network Places" from Windows Explorer

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows Explorer
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
August 20, 2004 10:56:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

How do I remove the entry for "My Network Places" from Windows
Explorer?

More about : remove network places windows explorer

August 20, 2004 10:56:47 PM

Widow wrote:

> How do I remove the entry for "My Network Places" from Windows
> Explorer?

If you don't want to see the icon for My Network Places on your desktop,
go to the Display applet in Control Panel, Desktop, Customize Desktop.
Uncheck the items you don't want to appear.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Greetings, has anyone figured out how to do this four years later? This last reply did not address removing My Network Places from the Windows Explorer pane. Thanks!
!