MOST DEMANDING pc game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple is correct with the list of games that are quite demanding.

I would also list Starcraft 2 as very demanding. It can bring powerful PC's to their knees (with 6v6 games) on ULTRA settings.

Also it depends on what your whole system is, to really tell whether or not a new graphics card would help you out.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Crysis 2 is less demanding than Crysis 1 and Crysis Warhead. Metro 2033 heavily demanding when maxed but a lot of that has to do with the absurd amount of texturing, and unfortunately less to do with beautiful long draw distances like Crysis. BF3 no one is really sure what the demands of the final product will be. There is no doubt it will be a demanding game by comparison to some, but it may end up being more gracious to systems than Crysis even, since the main goal of the game is to sell as many copies as possible in q4 2011.

The most demanding games still are definitely Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Metro 2033 with battlefield 3 being a possibility once we see the released product with its final optimizations and total graphics inclusion. If the OP is asking will a GTX 260 max these games out at resolutions above 1680x1050 and stay rock solid above 60 fps, the answer is that it is very unlikely/not possible. If the OP is asking can a GTX 260 run these games in some capacity at playable frames, there is no question it absolutely can.

Crysis 2 is actually more demanding than Crysis 1 when you factor in the DX11 patch, ultra settings and the high res texture pack. Crysis 2 as originally shipped, was at most only about as demanding as Crysis 1. Add in the DX11 patch, and Crysis 2 will bring all but the most powerful GPUs to its knees. Dual GPU setups are required if you want to get anything close to 60FPS on maximum with DX11 in Crysis 2.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Crysis 2 originally shipped wasn't nearly as demanding and even with the dx11 and hi-res pack it still has a hard time matching Crysis on the whole primarily b/c it lacks the draw distances to really cripple powerful rigs that Crysis had/still has.

C2<Warhead unless drivers have gotten way better but I don't feel that is the case For my machine I would say that warhead is more instensive but not by much.

Don't forget Cryostasis! And the Witcher 2 is fairly demanding, tho less than the others listed.

Regardless I don't exactly see the point of the OP's question. Instead let me answer the question with a question:

1) Do you play a lot of games where you are dissapointed with the settings you're able to play at with a lag-free experience? If yes, then upgrade. If no, then don't worry about it.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I will try to post a list of games and possible fps at 1680X1050
Crysis 1/warhead-dx9-very high 30+ fps
Crysis 2-all settings ultra but object detail very high 30+ fps
Metro 2033-High settings 30+ fps
Witcher 2-High settings-25+ fps
BFBC2-All maxed 50+ fps (depends on CPU)
BF3-High settings 30+ fps
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed (yeah its demanding :lol: )-Track detail medium everything maxed 40+ fps
Just Cause 2-Texture-high Shadows-medium Anti aliasing-2X AF-16X Water/object detail high Bokeh filter On GPU Water Simulation OFF Constant 40+ fps
Batman Arkham Asylum-Everything max physx high 30+ fps
Mafia 2-everything max physx medium 30+ fps
If you consider 30+ fps playable you should have no problems running these games at near max ;)

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Agreed. COD4:Modern Warfare is one of the best games ever made, "All ghillied up" is one of the best levels of all time imo.

radioboy86

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
The ASUS Revision isnt that bad. the card does use alot of power tho. but with 448 cuda cores it is really something not to mention it OCs pretty well sometime too 800Mhz but Usually around 750Mhz. I can get an ASUS card for 150 bucks with free shipping. GTX 560 (non ti series) are not as powerful. and they cost like 200$ and higher. I dont know but I also heard that the ASUS versions of the GTX 465 ALL CAME WITH 10 Memory chips... So I am pretty sure I could flash it and get a GTX 470! with 8 more ROP units, almost 100 cuda cores! and BIG bonus! the 320 bit memory bus VS GTX 465's and GTX 560's 256 bit memory bus. Do you see my logic here? i know the card uses alot of power and i know that is older. but its still a great performer if you can unlock it to a FULL featured GTX 470. Even a GTX 465 with 448 cuda cores is a beast when it comes to performance. so... $150 for that ASUS is looking tempting. :D

radioboy86

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
The ASUS Revision isnt that bad. the card does use alot of power tho. but with 448 cuda cores it is really something not to mention it OCs pretty well sometime too 800Mhz but Usually around 750Mhz. I can get an ASUS card for 150 bucks with free shipping. GTX 560 (non ti series) are not as powerful. and they cost like 200$ and higher. I dont know but I also heard that the ASUS versions of the GTX 465 ALL CAME WITH 10 Memory chips... So I am pretty sure I could flash it and get a GTX 470! with 8 more ROP units, almost 100 cuda cores! and BIG bonus! the 320 bit memory bus VS GTX 465's and GTX 560's 256 bit memory bus. Do you see my logic here? i know the card uses alot of power and i know that is older. but its still a great performer if you can unlock it to a FULL featured GTX 470. Even a GTX 465 with 448 cuda cores is a beast when it comes to performance. so... $150 for that ASUS is looking tempting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.