Ram settings and voltages?

Hello: New Build

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition 3.5GHz Six-Core
MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ ATX AMD
MSI R77702PMD1GD5OC AMD Radeon HD 7770 OC 1024MB GDDR5
Corsair XMS3 Series 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel (2x4)
Corsiar Builder Series CX500 500 Watt ATX 12V
Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE SATA DVD-RW
Diablotek EVO Mid Tower ATX Computer Case

Its been about 10 years since I have done a build, and I know this question has been asked a lot, but in searching, I haven't been able to find the exact answer I need. My ram is showing in bios and CPU-z at 1333mhz. I know I can manually set it in bios to 1600mhz, but do I need to do any voltage adjustments if i do that? I have a screen shot of CPUz and speccy if that helps any. Ill upload on a request (I am new to forums. Will have to research how to upload a photo). Really appreciate any help. Thanks!

This computer is for my little sister, so if you think it is more stable just running at 1333mhz, then I have no issues leaving it.
3 answers Last reply
More about settings voltages
  1. Go into the BIOS and enable the XMP profile, that will put the RAM to its advertised speeds. Might be under the overclocking section of the BIOS.
  2. Thanks for the reply! I don't have an extreme memory profile option. Here is a pic of Bios from a g45 board (i have g46) showing it, but I do not see it in mine.

http://gskill.com/marketing/XMP-Z77/MSI/msBS0001.jpg (this is NOT my bios)

Any other option?
  3. You could manually set the frequency, timings and voltage to their correct settings.

Here they are.
    DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Timing 9-9-9-24
    Cas Latency (CL) 9
    Voltage 1.5V
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory