Minimum requirements for test booting a PC

Geonosis

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm currently building a new gaming rig for myself, but because of the holiday season I have to buy my parts 1 to 2 at a time (Money's tight). I recently got some parts in and wanted to perform a test boot to ensure all my parts are in working order, however I am still missing 2 parts, the video card and the HDD. I have every other part, the CPU, Ram, Motherboard, case, PSU, even the optical drive. Im thinking I can but I want to make sure before trying it, I wouldnt wanna damage any parts! Thanks all for the help!

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
I would definetly try the equipment as soon as possible in case you have any Dead on arrival pieces! They do happen unfortunately. I've had a few graphic cards arrive with missing/bent capacitors, and I'm glad I checked on them before the 30 day return to newegg with no questions asked expired.

I usually try out my equipment outside the case anyway before installing to see if it works. Put the mobo on the package it came with, install ram, cpu, heatsink install the basic power cables and give it a spin.

TRENDING THREADS