Closed Solved

$800 gaming pc advice/recommendations?

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next week or two

Budget Range: around $850 max before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, watching movies, internet surfing and schoolwork (Not a video/audio editor or anything similar)

Parts Not Required: mouse & keyboard, monitor, OS, Hard Drive, dvd/cd drive

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg is fine

Parts Preferences: Preferably Intel & nvidia

Overclocking: maybe - never done it before but wanting to give it a shot

SLI or Crossfire: maybe next year

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900 (Will upgrade to a higher resolution next year)

Additional Comments: This is a first time build that I've sort of thrown together using different sites and other posts on the forums.

Case:Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $69.99

Mobo:ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - $124.99

CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K - $224.99

GPU:GIGABYTE GV-N560UD-1G GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card- $219.99

PSU:OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom - $109.99

RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL - $43.99

Fan/Heatsink:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 - $25.99

Total: $820 without S&H

I'm trying to build something that will last for two or three years at least if possible around this price range.

Any opinions/recommendations are welcome.

Thanks if you want to comment!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming advice recommendations
  1. It looks like a solid build to me. I just bought most of the same core parts for my build last Friday. This build will easily last you 2-3 years, the only thing I would recommend is to figure out if u want to sli or not. If not, you can go for a smaller PSU
  2. I'm planning on getting an extra 560 Ti for SLI in the future. I'm also thinking of changing the PSU to a more recognized and better quality one.
  3. Best answer
    Okay, I would recommend sticking with one of the big names. PSU is something you definitely don't want to cheap out on (brand wise, not price). Just stick with the most popular and you'll be fine.
  4. Best answer selected by cerv.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product